Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm out!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

My name is tba.... and Im a gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

tba wrote:
    My name is tba.... and Im a gamer
    Welcome tba, you have completed step 1. Now share yourself... completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

*takes out joystick*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

kinda hit a low like that midway through 06, had played all the recent fps's, none of them amazed really (kinda went, "hmm, that was eerie" playing FEAR but that was about it) Then my better half said she'd like to play some of the games she used to play on the SNES she had as a kid (and no this isn't about how I rediscovered the SNES), so I bought a wireless controller as she hates using the keyboard for games and got her some ROMs. But in between her gaming I discovered games like the Prince of Persia series, Tomb Raider legend, Need for Speed:Most Wanted and Carbon, GTA:SA, all the EA sports games... etc, all games for the PC that I would of never even considered playing and that are amazing when you use them with a controller.

I'd say to maybe go in another direction with your gaming and try something else, like RTS's or RPG's. You don't have to buy the latest games, just go back and play some old games that are in a different genre to what you're used to, you might be surprised how much you like them.

The biggest surprise for me was that I hated racing sims and third person games before, but now i'd rate them higher for enjoyment than FPS's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well i'm no longer out.

I'm gonna give the Wii a chance. See if it rejuvinates my interest. here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    well i'm no longer out.

I'm gonna give the Wii a chance. See if it rejuvinates my interest. here's hoping.
    Warioware out on Friday... it will be your weekend.
    tba wrote:
    *takes out joystick*
    *Acknowledges and does the same*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got Daytona with a steering wheel for the DC about 3 years ago, and as my games room is in a converted attic with a staire foldable stairs it has been awkward to get good use of my stuff, fitting a spiral stairs this weekend so my retro collection and I will enjoy getting reacquainted.
    Lovely, don't think i'll ever give up on this pasttime, despite my wifes demands that I pack it all in!

Advertisement