Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] WoW players review of Eve.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Its obvious that he wasn't playing eve, he was playing startrek in a suit of paladin armour.

I surprised that he got back to the lowsec system without trying to mine for fish on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

hey i was mining for fish last night i caught 6000 veldspars. now all i need to do is find a chef to cook for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

And thats why WoW is considered a childrens game

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I just realised as well he was in a gang and was trying to escape in his pod by warping from moon to moon. I can only guess the pirates were p!ssing themselves laughing.

I remember babysitting an ex wow player once, and he was always begging for isk, I mean wtf?

I've never played WOW but to be genuinely honest, anything that popular can't be good, I cite The Di'Vinci Code as precedent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

tba wrote:
    I remember babysitting an ex wow player once, and he was always begging for isk, I mean wtf?

I've never played WOW but to be genuinely honest, anything that popular can't be good, I cite The Di'Vinci Code as precedent.

/me seconds that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

can anyone confirm or deny that you were able to buy eve in shops?

you could buy it in retail, you got 30 free days play with it but had to patch up quite a bit (over 300mb) as it was the first release.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

jaggeh wrote:
    hey i was mining for fish last night i caught 6000 veldspars. now all i need to do is find a chef to cook for me.

lol

I can cook them for you. But you need at least 60,000 to work the fish cookery at the station. So go catch some more and send them to me and I'll cook them for you, ok?

Also you need a fish cooking recipe with good material efficency

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

A quote from the WoW forums

''EVE is the worst MMO every made in my opinion. Common example of EVE gameplay:

Spend 10 hours figuring out the controls
    Start up your crappy ship
    Get a few missions you don't understand
    Get told by the tutorial to mine instead of do your missions
    Spend 10 hours mining to get money
    Get killed by space pirates
    Lose all your cargo and ship
    Do it over again
    Get a level up and think ''woohoo, I can kill those mean pirates now''
    Find out that levelling up takes days to actually do.
    Get bored and see what the PvP is like
    Mercilessly attack some poor sod mining
    Get blown up by space police who come from nowhere
    Fly your pod which goes at 1 mph to the space station for a new ship
    Get killed by the space station because it now sees you as hostile
    Get cloned and put in a new ship
    Leave the space station
    Get shot by space police
    *rabbles on for 20 years*''

Genius, /me goes off to the starter systems and asks in local 'who here is from WoW' then griefs them

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

*shrugs*

I remember when WoW came out a lot of my old corp and people I knew took a break from eve to play it. It is/was a lot different due to it bringing in a lot of 'new' players to MMORPGs and the amount of griefing on pvp servers was, amusing but when it came down to it it was just replacing the little cs kiddies in lowsec with warcraft 3 heads who hadn't yet figured out what multi-player meant.

At the core of both games are players that really aren't that different from one another.

Advertisement