Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2007 - International management

Options
  • 04-01-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I can't find anything like this on the board.
    I've been playing as Ireland manager for a bit now, trying to get in Euro 2008. and I'm disappointed that there's a lack of media and player interactions at international level.
    At club level, you are constantly linked with players - I had to deny a link to a United reserve player when managing City to get the fans back on my side! - but when the same thing happens at international level - e.g. Michael Reddy goes on a scoring streak and the press start calling for him to be called into the international squad - there's no option to say something like "he is a player I'm interested in", "I expect him to be in my next squad", "not while he's playing at that level", etc. Other things I've noticed are that you can't praise/condemn your next opposition or comment on a game after it's finished - barring the odd controversial incident (penalties/sendings off/etc) Also when a player plays well in a game, you can't release a media story praising him, you have to wait for the press to come to you and ask your thoughts on him. Is there a reason why this was omitted or is it just simply time constraints meant these all had to be removed from the international management part of the game so it could come out on time?

Advertisement