Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

You get what you pay for I suppose - the Alesis monitors come recommended. Have you looked at the Tannoy Reveals - good budget option. I've had mine for about 4 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hi,

Headphones try eh2270 sennheiser. Savage bass response and great for all types of monitoring. Fully closed.

As for monitors I would stay far away from behringer and Alesis. M-audio is ok. If you doing drum and bass I would say you should get a bass bin to keep and eye on the low end. Just to keep you mixes balanced.

Most of the Tanoy's are great. But I looked at your tread and if you doing that sort of music and sub would be needed.

Are you looking for actie or passive monitors?

Jonny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My 2c: I've got a pair of Tapco S5 active monitors. Around €350 so a bit dearer than what you're looking at there, but well worth it IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

If you doing drum and bass I would say you should get a bass bin to keep and eye on the low end.

Valid advice. I would qualify it by saying that if you do get a sub always, always check the final mix on a small crappy set of speakers with poor bass response to be sure it sounds alright on that.

Along the same lines, always check your final mix in mono to look for phase issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Carrigsound

Your monitors and your headphones are the only things in your studio that you can hear, don't skimp on them if you can help it. With so much free and cheap software out there maybe we can spend a bit more on hardware?

Cheers

Liam

• Advertisement
Advertisement