Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of Importing an Audi A4 1.9Tdi

Options
  • 04-01-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm playing with the idea of bringing in an Audi A4 1.9tdi from the UK. Something around 02 / 03 / 04. What savings are likely to be made relative to buying a similar model in Ireland.

Also what model is best to go for trim wise etc. etc.

Any advice / suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Its a matter of looking at the stickies above, there is a load of info about VRT and how to register it. You should be able to find out the VRT with one phone call, partic for a common model rather than a highend performance car or something like that. There's also the issue of VAT, and I think it has to be regged in ireland within 24 hrs of entering the country. There are a few things to watch out for, but anyone I know that has gone down this route has always ended up delighted with quite a saving on what they would have paid here for the same.

PS get me one too.

Advertisement