Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test route map

Options
  • 04-01-2007 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Dear reader,

I am doing my driving test in Rathgar. I was wondering if anyone has the test route map available. I know you can buy them from the ISM shop but they are €19. I want to have one before I take lessons to brush up.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

*sobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I have one for the Cork test centre. They're definitely not worth the price. Some routes might have one or two "gotchas" (The Sarsfield road and Wilton roundabouts in Cork being examples), but a lesson or two will be enough for your instructor to point them out to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Cheers. I can imagine there'll be alot of different routes that could be taken so one map would not cover all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The tests generally fall along 3 main routes (the irish motoring route maps will have these 3) but I don't think the tester is required to follow the route exactly. Hence why the Irish motoring site calls them "sample test routes".

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Does learning the route actually help?
    Surely if you are able to drive then you should be fine anywhere? Whatever hazards are around the route will be anywhere else so whats the point of learning one set route?
    Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
Advertisement