Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions: 2007

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

It probably was on the cards and would have been just a good guess but you say you dreamt about it, with specific details, which makes it a bit more impressive* as a premonition than if you had just thought it up. Pity you didn't say it was based on a dream at the start though.

* I feel bad saying I'm impressed with a prediction of a train crash but you know what I mean :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

psi wrote:
    Reading back, it seems that the Orange march was known before the post was made - so not sure that counts (although it may be incriminating to the poster in question ;) )

Ok Last year we had (and I'm only taking the broad predictions in the first few weeks):
    1. Clare will knock Waterford out of the Munster/Ireland hurling championships Nope
    2. Gaybo will take a short break, possibly due to illness dunno
    3. orange shortage Did something happen with this?
    4. it could be related to riots in Dublin after a orange march is held there and there is subsequently a shortage of member's in the orange order Yes, but most likely an educated guess
    5. will be a huge discovery in astronomy. Maybe life discovered or somthing ( not aliens, but some sort of life, micro or otherwise ) Nothing jumps out
    6. Catholics continue to add to their lead in population growth over Protestants. Talks of a referendum continue to emerge, but none is taken and conditions pretty much remain the same.Educated guess (obvious one too)
    7. The USA remains stuck in Iraq. Although the war was proclaimed as won by Bush long ago, the death toll continues to climb well above the original deaths occurring in the first offensive. Again, obvious commmon sense predictionAmericans become increasingly disaffected with the "won war."
    8. Another scandal occurs with one of Charles's and Dianna's offspring (but we will not say who, just now, and spoil the fun) wouldn't know.
    9. In spite of occasional dips, the price of oil contiues to climb during the course of 2006, as well as record profits for the oil companies. Increased demand from rapidly industrialising China and India, drives the trend, as does the occupying army of former oil man Bush I'm gonna say an easy prediction (again).
    10. Saudi/US ties diminish - assume it has to do with pulling out of the opec agreement or breaking ties with America They *did* switch from Dollar to Euro which screwed things for the US a bit - I'm not sure how obvious a prediction this was though
    11. We'll probably see a pretty big withdrawal from Iraq with the US claiming victory Not even close!
    12. I think it'll be a quite year on the hurrican front, noticeably below average,Not sure but I can't help thinking there'll be some kind of unusuall natural disaster. Quite possibly a meteor strike (not a 'planet-killer' though, more of a 'small-town' killer). More mundane possibilities may be a yellowstone park eruption or the big quake that's supposed to hit the western US at some stage.Nope, don't think so
    13. The death of an A list celeb by road accident? Anyone?
    14. There'll be a nuclear disaster, a Level 4-5 on the IAEA scale. Nothing on the scale of Chernobyl 1986 (Level 7) or even Mayak 1957 (Level 6) but close Nope, thankfully (unless you count that new TV series Jericho

Nothing stands out :(

Well your huge discovery in astronomy was spot on, they decided that Pluto wasn't a planet after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Well your huge discovery in astronomy was spot on, they decided that Pluto wasn't a planet after all

A group of old men debating in a room for a few hours doesn't count as a discovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

psi wrote:
    A group of old men debating in a room for a few hours doesn't count as a discovery.

LMAO Well Said

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

I predict a political (sexual ? ) scandal in the U.S late in the year ...
    Bloodbath in Iraq all year,
    I will be the Irish man to win the eurolotto probably in june/july (it's called manifesting , Hope it works )
    new british PM will not be Gordon Brown (not in 2007 anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nitefox

Hi Car Mad how are you and everybody?. I am bit psychic and i am only learning so i am going take as it comes at first i was scard but i am in enjoyed now so for my first psychic prediction on this Thread fianna fáil will get back in power. second the uk will take there army out from iraq and afgansten by the end of the summer. 3rd The Satanists will take over the world and at first they will say thery are budists and will join all the world faiths as one the faith to taken over first will be the rome Catholic chu. then they will be goving leaders all over the world. This will start to happen in the next 9 moth's to 3yrs do all they have to do that's why it got take up to 3 yrs to come ture.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

nitefox wrote:
    3rd The Satanists will take over the world and at first they will say thery are budists and will join all the world faiths as one the faith to taken over first will be the rome Catholic chu. then they will be lgoving eaders all over the world. This will start to happen in the next 9 moth's to 3yrs do all they have to do that's why it got take up to 3 yrs to come ture.

Hi nitefox how are you and everybody? So satanists are going to take over all the faiths of the world starting with the caotholic church is this going to be done under the leadership of a single ruler or is smoe othre way Are there any ground workings put in place that would allow for this to happen in the next 9 months I just wonder because are there any signs that this sis to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nitefox

6th wrote:
    Hi nitefox how are you and everybody? So satanists are going to take over all the faiths of the world starting with the caotholic church is this going to be done under the leadership of a single ruler or is smoe othre way Are there any ground workings put in place that would allow for this to happen in the next 9 months I just wonder because are there any signs that this sis to come.
    Hi 6th how are you and everybody?. I am very good. In all the Religious faiths in the world the will be single ruler that will bing all the world Religious faiths as one big Religion faith now the will be a kinda of leadership for goving the world govments. The guy that will start all this is the next dinelamaer of the Buddhism faith he lives in england he was speaking at the unite nations last yr, last june i was walking down moore st and in one of the side always there was a poster of this and he was say the Mecca where the Muslims go the stone thing that they throw is from the moon and then he said on the poster that he wants everybody go to him and pray with him since then i have got prediction so that's how the satanists will make everybody go with one big religious faith at first people will think will be good because nobody will fighting with eachother not like when everybody does now if your not tihs faith they start fighting with the other faith as is at the mo in the world, only later will people find out it is not so good been only one big faith been rule'ed by satanists and as i said the frist faith to go will be the caotholic church. I am not satanists ok.i hope that helps people understand what i said in the last post i said it will take 9 moths to 3yrs because tihs will come bit by bit and it will not just happen over nite ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Was just browsing this thread and I thought of these:
    I predict a breakthrough in a case related to a long running missing persons case in Ireland, maybe a body or an anon letter to a paper.
    http://www.tribune.ie/article.tvt?_scope=Tribune/News/Home%20News&id=66369&SUBCAT=Tribune/News&SUBCATNAME=News
    will be a huge discovery in astronomy. Maybe life discovered or somthing ( not aliens, but some sort of life, micro or otherwise )
    http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/its-like-earth-but-it-will-take-285000-years-to-get-there/2007/04/28/1177460044924.html

6th wrote:
    I predict a breakthrough in a case related to a long running missing persons case in Ireland, maybe a body or an anon letter to a paper.
    THREE top British psychics have said they know where missing Irish woman Jo Jo Dullard is buried following a trip to Ireland to investigate her disappearance for a UK documentary.

The psychics . . . Colin Fry, Tony Stockwell and TJ Higgs . . . are the stars of a new real-life detective series called Private Psychic Eye which is screened on Reality TV. The show centres on the psychics' attempts to uncover the truth behind unsolved cases.

In the episode in which they are investigating the disappearance of Jo Jo Dullard, the psychics are seen travelling to private land in Ireland. They say that this is where they believe the body of Dullard is buried and that they feel strongly that Dullard's murderer is still living on the land.

Though the area in question is not identifiable in the TV footage . . . viewers only see dark countryside . . . Dullard's sister, Mary Phelan, has told the Sunday Tribune that it is the same private land that she has campaigned to have searched for years.

"They were so strong about it and seemed to feel so definite about it that it really gave me some hope, " said Phelan. "The truth about Jo Jo is going to come out. Too many people know what happened for it not to."

Dullard went missing from a phone-box in Moone, Co Kildare, in November 1995. Her family believe she is dead, but no one has ever been charged in relation to her disappearance. For many years now, Mary Phelan has claimed that she knows the identity of her sister's killer and has repeatedly lobbied the government for that person's property to be searched.

In the show, the psychics say that they believe Dullard's killer is a farmer who murdered her after offering her a lift from the phone-box. They believe that he raped her before strangling her to death and burying her on his property. When struggling to defend herself, they said that Dullard scratched her attacker on his face, leaving a scar.

According to Mary Phelan, when she learned the identity of the man she believed killed her sister, she sent a private detective to investigate. He returned with the news that the man in question had a rawlooking scar on his face.

"The things they knew, that they shouldn't have known, had me convinced, " said Phelan. "TJ said my brother Tom was talking to her from the spirit world. Tom died just a few months ago and no-one knows about that. She described him in a way that she couldn't have, it was so true."

The Jo Jo Dullard episode of Psychic Private Eyes has already been repeated on Reality TV and is due to be shown again on Zone Reality Extra (Sky Satellite Channel 152) on 28 May.

So have I gotten my first 2 predictions right? (The train crash first and now this)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

littlebug wrote:
    Spiders, red ones, not terribly big but bigger than your average house spiders.

I'm not sure what though... but I think maybe they are somewhat dangerous and there will be news warnings about them, let loose by mistake somewhere or something!

ok it's just a silly dream I had last night.. I know not what I am talking about really but what the heck...

Wooo! I really am psychic!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1263904,00.html

ok so they're not red and it weren't let loose by mistake so maybe I'm not psychic but I do secretly feel a little bit smug... no wait make that a little bit scared :eek: :eek: dangerous spiders on the loose :eek:

I'd take that as a win littlebug, I just hope they aren't over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Dammit! *looks around nervously* :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 lorretta

do you by any chance have a link to the jo jo dollard episode?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement