Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vista on pre-order

• 04-01-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭

looks like the guys over at OCUK have gotten all flavours of vista on pre-order.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=33&catid=20

not too bad prices i must say for the OEM products, i'd thought they'd be more expensive.

also reading their forums an OCUK representitive has stated they are recieving their stock on friday the 12th january and pre-orders will be shipped the next day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Fanboy

Impressed by the OEM prices. Only thing is, MS have said themselves they'll be watching the OEM license a bit more this time around, which means if you change any major hardware after initial installation, it may be difficult to activate.

I'll see how everyone else gets on before i shell out the cash.

Have to wait for my free one to arrive from MS in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Fanboy wrote:
    Have to wait for my free one to arrive from MS in any case.

Me too :) Tho already have the Business edition running on the work laptop here and have to say it's really grown on me, despite my initial reservations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Fanboy

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Me too :) Tho already have the Business edition running on the work laptop here and have to say it's really grown on me, despite my initial reservations.

You were also subjected to a yawn-fest at croker then?

I just keep telling myself it will be worth it....i hope it is....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cremo wrote:
    not too bad prices i must say for the OEM products, i'd thought they'd be more expensive.
    Don't forget basic is basic,

£54.99
    (£64.61)
    = € 95.99 :(

when they de-restrict it they charge a tad more
    Microsoft Windows Vista Business 32-Bit & 64-Bit Edition DVD - Retail (66J-00022)
    £211.99
    (£249.09)
    = € 370.03

will the prices go up when it no longer a pre order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Meh!

Methinks ill let others buy it, bug test it and then at a later date ill buy a more thoroughly tested product at lower price :)

Its running in a VM right now, and thats where it's staying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

will the prices go up when it no longer a pre order

no the OCUK rep said on their forums that they have done a deal with microsoft due to the amount of pieces they are buying and also due to the favourable US dollar to GBP sterling exchange rate.

Advertisement