Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interweb in C-C-C-Carlow

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

shít in the rain too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

woodyg wrote:
    Does Clearwire not block all peer to peer traffic? I think they have all the ports locked down. It might be good for general surfing but if you want to actualy download content ya might be better off leaving it well alone
    I think I know a way around that but is it really that bad in the rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

depends where ya live tbh. i've no problems with it but I'm not too far away from the transmitter.

I just got my clearwire box today. a little problem with reception but that was soon fixed. so far so good

hows the clearwire working out for ya daithi?

• Advertisement

great. myself and the lads I live with went in on it together so it costs about 1.50 a week. the reception was a bit of a problem to start but now we have found a place wth good signal and invested in a wireless router its all plain sailing.
    the only thing I have to worry about is failing this year.

I had to cancel my clearwire contract :-( I had to move back to tullow and theres no coverage there ...... You know about the refer a friend offer Diathi?
    Its deadly!! Refer a friend to Clearwire and get your next month for €1. If theres a few of ye in the house then surely you can get a couple of months for €1 .... I referred 4 friends and got 4 months for €4.

Excellent ..................

sweet by refer I take it you mean take illicit photos of friends in compromising positions with 89 year old turtles or failing that prostitutes and blackmail them into getting clearwire. Its gone a bit sh;t lately but I was told It wasn't the best service so I don't expect to be downloading movies or anything like that. was it expensive to cancel the contract shay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

hey, wat are the other options again? me sis asked for them to isntall this but shes not there durin the day and shes been waitin weeks for it to go in. wat are her other options?

The_B_Man wrote:
    wat are her other options?

Take a day/morning off

Failing that she can buy a clearwire box directly from carphone warehouse near McDonalds down town

• Advertisement

The contract still isn't cancelled. The ****ers are to ring me but they haven't done it yet. I can't imagine it costing me anything to cancel. It's not my fault that they've no coverage in Tullow.

B_man ... theres no installation needed. It's plug and play. And there's reps everywhere. Surely she could organise someone to drop a modem into her at work or somewhere.

The only thing that needs to be done is set the Network Settings to auto detect but thats it.

i thought u have to get sum yoke on the roof?

no its just a box you can stick in your window. the only thing with is that when its goo its very very good but when its bad its very very bad. I think its about 70 yoyo for the box and 30 a month for the first 6 months the 50 a month for a 2mb connection and 30 for 1mb.

is that with digiweb or clearwire?

oh and i used to work for Irish Broadband so i know how ****ty the ripwave is. so is this yoke ur talkin about similar to that?

Clearwire. there not to bad once ya can get a good signal. they do a free signal test and I'd say she should have no problem bring it back if she buys it from carphone warehouse.

B_Man, If this is for Anglers Walk she'll be grand. I had mine in the Kitchen without and it had a perfect signal.

Advertisement