Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on Vodafone palm treo 750 smartphone

• 04-01-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the palm treo 750v, has anybody here any opinions on this device?

I am interested in using it for mobile web access. The screen resolution is 240 x 240. Is this too low to browse the web?

Vodafone have no info on their irish site on the pricing, i've emailed them asking for details but they haven't replied yet. Business plus magazine did a review and they said the cost was from 399 euros. Does anybody have more info.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Does treo 750 has wi-fi ?
    i dont think they included wi-fi
    so network operators can rip people off for using the gprs !

a friend of mine bought the 650 and loved it in the begining but after that its just a big chunk of brick !

also the phone heats up a lot after long term usage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

Hi digitally-yours,

You are right the phone does not have wi-fi, i'd love if it had.

I am thinking about getting a flat fee 3G account so the costs wouldn't be as bad as using a per MB tariff.

Its a pity vodafones terms and conditions do not allow you to use voip over their 3G flat fee tariff. It would have been nice to avoid paying so much for mobile calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Hi leahcim,

i believe you can buy the external card for the Wi-fi to be enabled
    But i would suggest to stay away from palm

This Palm is mainly used in america in sprint and verizon networks
    in europe its their extended market its not their main business

i would say check o2 xda or see some nice handsets by HP on expansys
    but in the long run i dont know how far this palm investment will help u

If u buy a Palm phone with Windows Mobile 5 there might be software for it in future.But for palm Os there isnt much choice plus its compatibility is limited

I am not trying to discourage you just make sure ur aware of the risks !

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I just bought a Palm treo 750v, having has a string of windows pdas and an xda. I must say that the treo is the most reliable and easist to use so far. The vodafone/palm customisations to WM5 make it a dream to use compared to the xda. I use the touchscreen or stylus probably less than 10% of the time. It's infinitely better than the xda.

The loss of wifi is a potential drawback, but tbh I almost never used the wifi on the xda, and many wireless public networks are setup in such a way as to make them difficult to access with a pda.

Advertisement