Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remortgage/topup

Options
  • 04-01-2007 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I toped up my mortgage about 4 months ago to do some redecorating on my house, the topup was for E20k I've since discovered I need more to complete the work about E10k, I've applied for another topup.

What are the chances of actually getting the topup in such a short period of time, I've to borrow another E20k as thats the minimum acmount for a topup or should I remortgage.

Could someone please explain to me what a remortgage is?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

simply put you'll be adding 40 grand to the total of your mortgage complete with the same interest rates

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's actually quite common for people who remortgage in your situation to underestimate how much they need and have to go back for more. As long as your LTV is ok then you should have no problem.

Advertisement