Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Lynott

• 04-01-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

Dead 21 years today. RIP.
    Use this thread to pay respect to an Irish rock legend.
    Sorely missed.
    'Go dtuga Dia suaimhneas da anam'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I love Thin Lizzy. They rox0r my box0rs!

Agus fair play duit ag baint usaid as an Gaeilge! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

RIP Phil. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

A God - and should never be forgotten !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

rest his soul, never rest his music! i have a dodgy thin lizzy tape that was in my brothers radio when he passed it down to me to thank for my love of music, and for that il forever be greatful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God 21 years! I bought the Hot Press which was printed just a couple of weeks before his death (Xmas issue I guess) and there was a small feature on the back page about him. It proberly had a headline about "plans for 1986" etc. :(

It wasn't a surpise to be honest, I'd seen him about 5/6 months earlier on an RTE music show which featured guests selecting fav vids - he looked awful. Very clearly gaunt and withdrawn.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

What a genius... I never get bored of listening to Thin Lizzy... Great band, great man...

Advertisement