Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears of War - Killing General Raam

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I found blind-firing with my Boltok pistol (the revolver) to be useful when he was right on top of me, but wasn't able to hit me until I left cover. I dunno if it actually damaged him, it made me feel better though. I was too chicken to run!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive tried everything, all different weapons selections, tryin to run to the other side when he gets close but the krull kill me every time:( Is there any way of avoiding them here coz even when im in the light they kill me. Im must be on my 200th attempt at this stage on hardcore mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

It took me a while too, I watched the video on gamespot which showed running to the opposite side and many people suggested the same. In the end I figured I could kill him before he even got half way down to me using just the sniper rifle and one grenade. I just kept using active relaod and going for head shot regardless of whether the kryl were there or not, each shot seemed to stop for for a second. Also by waiting for the kryl to leave him or having to equip another weapon to scatter the kryl wasted time and he got closer, no choice but to run then.Just perform headshot after headshot (using active reload). I also got the 20+?? consecutive active reload achievement out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I finally beat him on hardcore tonight, twice. Last night I must have spent about an hour and 20 attempts trying to kill him and I could not.

Tonight I used the same srategy with the Torque Bow and Longshot, and staying in cover behind the first barricade, for the last minute or so he was right on top of me and just as I killed him I got killed, it started the cut scene for a split second and I got the achievement but then it went back to the previous checkpoint I almost threw the controller at the TV.

Anyway next attempt, I used all 6 torque bow shots, 18 Longshots trying to get as many perfect active reloads, I ran out of ammo so I used 3 grenades and then started with the pistol. I had to run up and down the carriage twice and then on my second last pistol bullet I got him. phew..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Same thing happeneed me... ran out of ammo except for my last clip in the pistol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Gonzo wrote:
    Ive tried everything, all different weapons selections, tryin to run to the other side when he gets close but the krull kill me every time:( Is there any way of avoiding them here coz even when im in the light they kill me. Im must be on my 200th attempt at this stage on hardcore mode.

I could give you a hand tonight some time, or whenever suits, if you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Same thing happened me... ran out of ammo except for my last clip in the pistol!

Yeah it nerve racking, the first night i attempted it it was frustrating as I just kept dying while last night i got it after a couple of attempts.

Now Its onto insane difficulty level which from what i guess i will need to play on co-op to complete.

There are a few parts of the game which I think are too difficult or just get a little frustrating, like the Mansion and the Train, and those dam exploding wretches even if you hit them they often kill you when they explode, if you can't get out of the way quick enough, which in the train level can be hard as you often jump into the walls of get stuck on the chairs. I think that its a little unfortunate that in some of these it gets to the point where you just have to learn exactly where the enemies spawn to get past them.

Well I think its back to playing online again getting my ass handed to me by American teenagers before i attempt insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Gonna try and do this later. I'll report back with my progress. I've only tried it once or twice to no avail...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Some parts of insane are way easier on single player, particularly where you and dom have to split. For Raam it's advisable to get a torque bow from the theron guards at the start of the train. You should then be able to have 12 bow shots along with your rifle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement