Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2142 Getting a New Vehicles and map(S)?

Options
  • 04-01-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

i just happened to see this on planet battlefield,

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=109410

sounds good to me having some new toys to play with on a new playing field.

As a side note, has anyone seen any ads in the game yet?

I mean apart from the generic "the EU forces need you" or something, that are scattered about the maps.

i have to say i don't really mind the idea of ads in the game as long as they are not in your face. anywho just wondering if anyone had seen any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Intresting... better not have to buy them though...

Yeah I've seen Intel ads, thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

A 1 legged mec that hops would rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Holsten wrote:
    Intresting... better not have to buy them though...

If this was a bet I know where I would be putting my money. Like I know where Ea expect you to put your money, for what was given freely in patches for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hoverbikes with sidecars!!!!

nope.. yet another lumbering tanklike object to squash me. feck.

whats this new maps mention? cant see it at that link....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

krazy_8s wrote:
    If this was a bet I know where I would be putting my money. Like I know where Ea expect you to put your money, for what was given freely in patches for years.

thats a tired arguement tbh

just because you assume is going to be free doesnt mean it will be. although EA are a profiteering shower of cnuts, this type of thing is long overdue and the gaming industry in general dug themselves into a bit of a hole with free expansions and upgrades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Mickey_37

whats this new maps mention? cant see it at that link....

i think the idea for the new map(S) comes from two of the posters,
    one with the soldier shooting someone on a bridge from afar and the other smaller poster showing what looks like a bit of croke park overhanging some snowy ice stuff.

really hoping myself that these are free updates to the game and not another way of getting a few euros out of everyone stupid enough to pay for them.

nothing yet about dates or times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ah, found it further down the thread.

cant really see paid updates for BF working... barring the expansion packs for BF2 that is and there would surely be a lot more hype and build up to it if it were chargeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

Have you seen the crappy "updates" Bethesda are willing to charge for on Oblivion? $1.99 for armour for yer horsey!! $2.99 for a big empty castle!

anyway, this post on gamespot claims to have figured out the new map name

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php?topic_id=25192302&union_id=7990

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

New maps better have EU actually winning back some ground. the EU losing all the ground could explain why theres 5 germans in the top 5 on the leaderboard, they're trying to win back berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

jaggeh wrote:
    thats a tired arguement tbh

just because you assume is going to be free doesnt mean it will be. although EA are a profiteering shower of cnuts, this type of thing is long overdue and the gaming industry in general dug themselves into a bit of a hole with free expansions and upgrades.

Please explain how? Map design and new weapons are hardly the most time consuming compared to the problems of designing and building new engines. Hell look at 2142, its a paid mod for Bf2. Why don't Ea take the money that they are earning from advertising and use it to enrich the game for the people who play it? They don't, and they won't, because all they are interested in is getting as much money out of you as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

I think they'll charge for it, the game companies marketing weasels have all got wind of how the 360 marketplace can charge a few quid at a time for a "small" update, and are probably looking at ways the can do the same for PC... again i refer you to the horsey armour,

http://obliviondownloads.com/StoreCatalog_ProductView.aspx?ProductId=2
    it doesn't actually do anything.. it's just shiny... thats all..

and yet they probably made hundreds of grand on it.. with examples like this why would Electronic Ar$e be any different.

Advertisement