Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Housing

Options
  • 04-01-2007 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

in Fingal
    Was wondering as I was approved ages ago and apart from one letter that went out to the whole waiting list - SO many people ahead of me wanted the houses I didn't even get to view !
    I haven't had a call nor can they give any indication on where I am in the list or any kind of timescale
    It's so unfair as I am renting and my lease is up.
    I can only find one suitable house now with a years lease.

Have any of you been sucessful in getting a house and how long were you waiting ?
    I'd love to hear from you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Search/browse the forum and you'll come across a few people who have myself included. Won't bore everyone with the details again - pm me if you need further details. Basically you can go a few months without hearing anything and then three or four of them come along at once. If you've limited yourself to certain areas it can be a long time before you hear anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Thanks I did that after posting ! Duh

My first preference is a large enough area so fingers x.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

I am on the waiting list a year. In South Dublin County Council. I was on the Reserve list for a property last month - but didnt get it cos not enough people pulled out(didnt want it anyway - so was happy). But im very close to the top of the list. And i think it will be soon enough.

At least ive heard back from them anyway. and they say i should be getting a place in the next property that comes up. so fingers crossed.

I have heard of a few people who got places in the Draw that they do. So it will happen. Just bide your time and try not to go mad waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭delanest

warrenaldo wrote:
    But im very close to the top of the list. And i think it will be soon enough.

How do you know ? Did you get any other options yet ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Personally, after asking and asking and getting evasive answers, the way I found out where I was on the waiting list was by looking through the list of names at a meeting about a particular development. I don't know why they usually find it so hard to give a straight answer though. "Well, you're in the top 95% etc..." :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

delanest wrote:
    How do you know ? Did you get any other options yet ?

Judging by the fact that i was on the reserve list for a property - must mean im fairly close to the top. Plus a lot of the people ahead of me on that list will be gone because they got their property. So i must be close.

No other options - the wait is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

warrenaldo wrote:
    I am on the waiting list a year. In South Dublin County Council. I was on the Reserve list for a property last month - but didnt get it cos not enough people pulled out(didnt want it anyway - so was happy). But im very close to the top of the list. And i think it will be soon enough.

At least ive heard back from them anyway. and they say i should be getting a place in the next property that comes up. so fingers crossed.

I have heard of a few people who got places in the Draw that they do. So it will happen. Just bide your time and try not to go mad waiting.

I was on that reserve list too for that developement (I hope it's the one I'm thinking of), way down near the bottom. I'm waiting 10 months now. Being on the reserve list doesn't necessarily mean you'll next offered a property next time, it all depends how far you are up on the reserve list. There's very little being built in the South Dublin Co. Co. area at the moment so I'm not expecting to get offered anything soon.

How long are you on the list?

Advertisement