Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards - Slowness

Options
  • 04-01-2007 5:32pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Im find Boards fairly slow today.. the page load time is very random. Sometimes it loads quick(sh) then slower, then in between. Its fairly unstable it seems and im getting a few "Database down" messages to. Earlier, I couldnt even get here - just got a blank page. Is it just me?

Getting to feedback forum:- Page generated in 24.21698 seconds with 13 queries

Opening "Post New Thread" in feedback:- Page generated in 10.15635 seconds with 10 queries

Submitting thread:- Page generated in 19.81913 seconds with 12 queries
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Sully04 wrote:
    Earlier, I couldnt even get here - just got a blank page. Is it just me?
    Yeah I got that earlier too.
    Site is crawling along at the moment, but then I don't use boards much when it's slow... it feels like I'm kicking the server while it's down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sully04 wrote:
    Is it just me?
    Page generated in 24.76402 seconds with 13 queries
    Nope.

Haven't gotten the database errors, but I think boardsie did fall down for a short while earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Boards and Bebo - my two favourite sites - are wonderful. But why are they both so blooming slow and unpredictable? Am I cursed? Are we all cursed?!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i had a good few posts to put up in BSG forum and ye it took AGES i was posting in several topics and it was very slow i just thought it was the internet speed in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not bad here, one database error earlier today.

Dis pageh.
    admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 2.34027 seconds with 14 queries

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ruu wrote:
    Not bad here, one database error earlier today.

Dis pageh.
    admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 2.34027 seconds with 14 queries

For me:-

Page generated in 8.14259 seconds with 10 queries earlier (when I was reading).

To reply:-

admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 0.22308 seconds with 14 queries

and back again:-

Page generated in 6.57878 seconds with 12 queries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

admin+beaker@boards.ie Page generated in 1.37548 seconds with 13 queries

no probs here. Opera 8.50

Mike.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its been quite variable today alright. I know we've been saying this for a long time but really, hang in there... servers are in our hands and on their way to to config/production. This will be a complete restructure, rebuild of the infrastructure going from 2 front servers and a single DB to something more along the lines of 7 front servers and a pair of clustered DB servers. Lets just say we hope you will see/feel where your subscriber yoyo's go to. ETA 1-2 weeks in my amateur opinion.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ps: expect next week to be slow as everyone hits work again and has 3 weeks of catching up to do :(

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Those Malta photos are pretty impresssive. Nice work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

DeVore wrote:
    Its been quite variable today alright. I know we've been saying this for a long time but really, hang in there... servers are in our hands and on their way to to config/production. This will be a complete restructure, rebuild of the infrastructure going from 2 front servers and a single DB to something more along the lines of 7 front servers and a pair of clustered DB servers. Lets just say we hope you will see/feel where your subscriber yoyo's go to. ETA 1-2 weeks in my amateur opinion.

DeV.
    muscle-boardsie.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

A lot faster then it was earlier on anyway! Thanks for the heads up.

Btw, out of curioisty - why are you guys using vBulletin and not Invision Power Board? Just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Pretty sure Invision Power Board didn't exist when boards moved from UBB to VBB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

bout time my sub money bought something decent :)

I was getting fed up of the admins swanning off to foreign locations with models galore :p

Its a hard life you know.... those supermodels are pure b*tchs!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

DeVore wrote:

DeV.
    does this mean that when i click on new posts i will getthe last 20 posts that were posted instead of me having to go through every forum individually to see new posts
    when i first joined boards you got all the new posts by clicking new posts but when i do it now they come up an hour behind???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Been poor the last few days.

Opera 9.1
    XP Pro

admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 3.97746 seconds with 13 queries

but it felt like at least a minute for the page to actually load.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

admin+beaker@boards.ie Page generated in 31.24905 seconds with 11 queries

ahem..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 39.37967 seconds with 13 queries

This thread. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

DeVore wrote:

What? Does that mean it's gonna be slower/faster/the same or what? Sorry I am an ex-blonde!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Yaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr

when viewing this page:
    admin+beaker@boards.ie Page generated in 14.39281 seconds with 13 queries

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Very slow all day.

admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 25.48864 seconds with 11 queries

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 33.67444 seconds with 13 queries

In reality, it was longer, actually. That's very slow for 11.15 pm!

This page:

admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 25.57546 seconds with 13 queries

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

tee heee everyones gone to bed so boards is nice and fast :):)

happy days

admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 0.8910 seconds with 11 queries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

:eek: @00:05
    admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 41.71618 seconds with 14 queries
    Bad for this time of night. That's the worst but every thread is hovering around 26 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

There is nothing more annoying than spending 20 mins to craft a reply (or original post) to find you have timed-out. You back-button - you have "nothing!".

Think this is a jelsoft issue though - can't think why you couldn't have these in an independent session that can query the live database where the original post has moved to.

Ps. Please don't delete this as I might need a nixer there.

PPs. If they already have this feature and you haven't enabled it - you cannot delete this post - it may be evidence :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I doubt its a jelsoft issue......

Why are we still on 3-5- BTW???

Seems to be quite slow right about now, though the

"Page Generated in 0.42470 seconds with 14 queries"

...doesn't appear to suggest it. Other pages just won't stop loading. I'm using the "Reply to Thread" button for the first time since I learnt how to use quick reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pie is crawling along for me.

Advertisement