Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruxelles madman!

• 04-01-2007 6:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

has anybody seen the bloke in bruxelles who sits there all night pretending to play the guitrar along to whatever is on the juke box?Apparantly he only aquired the guitar lately,previously he used to play the AIR guitar to whatever was on the juke box.It takes all sorts i suppose..:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, I remember when he did the air-guitar thing too. Bleedin' weirdo. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ah yeah, John is his name, I believe. Sound bloke. I played air drums along with him before. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Is he kinda "special" with weird eye make up, huge head phones, flame boots and a long black leather jacket???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nope. Short hair. I think I remember him having a tashe. Been playing air guitar there a long time. Seems nice enough. Adds a nice bit of comic relief to the overall seriousness in the air ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

if it's the same guy i think it is, he's alright. he doesn't bother anyone so fair game, i say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Yeah I played Air Guitar with him once. Now that he has an actual guitar and is pretending to play it, its just kinda sad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Me and some friends are gonna bring in an assortment of instruments and pretned to play them to steal his thunder.I have an old accordian at home which should prove handy for Rammstein!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is he any good ? I've been an avid air guitar player for a while, but even with lessons I haven't managed to get to the level where I'd be confident to play in public.

KTRIC wrote:
    Is he any good ? I've been an avid air guitar player for a while, but even with lessons I haven't managed to get to the level where I'd be confident to play in public.

God no,he's hopeless,a friend of mine was watching him playing to a song he knows quite well on the guitar and he said he was only spoofing,he wasnt using frets and he doesnt seem to know any chords either.Rumour has it he nicked the guitar from the phil lynott staue outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Degsy wrote:
    Rumour has it he nicked the guitar from the phil lynott staue outside.

I think that would be fairly noticible, what with it being made out of brass or copper whatever the hell that statue is made of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Wouldn't a solid gold fiddle weigh hundreds of pounds and sound crummy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Yeah but its great for drum solos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

What I wanna know is what the bloody hell he works at, since he's there pretty much every day from whenever the rock bar opens.

PiE wrote:
    What I wanna know is what the bloody hell he works at, since he's there pretty much every day from whenever the rock bar opens.

Care in the community patient..he doesnt work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Don't talk to me about that guy.
    We had an Air-Death Metal band going together from the early 90's. We'd pack out pubs in Dublin every Saturday night without fail.We had record company guys tempting us with the corporate punt. Our album, Air on the E string, sold 1500 copies in Kalgoorlie Australia. We were ready to hit the big timen until he went and bought that bloody guitar.Sold me down the river.Prick. If I ever see him again with it I'll shove it up his hole sideways.

Ah no but, he's a nice guy. I've talked to him loads in there myself. Then Iron Maiden comes on and he's off:D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Ah he's grand, harmless really.
    He usually sits with us, but I can't say I've spoken to him much other than hello or goodbye... A while back he got up to go to the loo & said to my mate - will you watch my coat. I trust you, but not those two, meaning me & my other half.. Twas gas - he'd been sitting with our group for weeks at this stage.
    He knows the words to all the songs he plays along with, but afaik he can't play guitar. Every few weeks someone comes over & tries to teach him some cords & stuff, but I don't think he's interested really!
    It's gas watching people that dont normally drink there & noticing him for the first time - he takes it to the toilet & everything with him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i crap you all negative that they actaully have air guitar teeshirts. They should get him one.

Its a shirt that makes noise when you strum your hand over your belly, and the distance relitive to your er, non strumming hand measures the chord you are playing... that would have kicked so much more ass than a real guitar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Oral Slang wrote:
    A while back he got up to go to the loo & said to my mate - will you watch my coat. I trust you, but not those two, meaning me & my other half..

I dont blame him - he knows how shifty you and himself are :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I was his guitar tech for years. He's a genius.

• Advertisement

Tazz T wrote:
    I was his guitar tech for years. He's a genius.

Could you teach me,oh wise one,i want to be a superstar too!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I dont blame him - he knows how shifty you and himself are :)

As I was writing that yesterday, I knew exactly who would respond & what you would say... You need to stop being so predictable!!!!

But, on the other hand, I suppose you're right:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Oral Slang wrote:
    As I was writing that yesterday, I knew exactly who would respond & what you would say... You need to stop being so predictable!!!!

But, on the other hand, I suppose you're right:p

yeah but its the odd time that I am unpredictable that makes it fun - take my "rocky" moment for example

Advertisement