Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women drivers!!!!

Options
  • 04-01-2007 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

it is common knowledge women are safer drivers than men and cause less accidents then men but i have one issue with most women drivers. they will never let you out. if you are ever trying to get in or out of somewhere never rely on a women to let you. i have noticed a lot recently that they will not give you an inch. i always let people out and a lot of male drivers have let me go but never a female driver. why why why?????????:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Sexist as it sounds, I have to agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

As usual there is exceptions but yeah, women drivers never let you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

i always let people out and a lot of male drivers have let me go but never a female driver. why why why?????????
    Perhaps they don't want to hold up traffic, who knows? Why not just ask women you know that drives? You would get a better answer than a post here I'm sure.

Tbh, this rant is better off in Motors with the other "women does this" and "women does that" rants. Or are Galway women worse than others?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

women are just gash drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

We let you out if your cute...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

the-furbo wrote:
    We let you out if your cute...

Was that you who let me pull out of the service station in Furbo this morning? Ahhh, sound :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I can't drive a car.. not after growing up with grand theft auto.. I'd more than likely just stop my car on eyre square and pull out a rocket launcher.

Wouldn't be anything personal.. just a bit of mindless skullduggery!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Write to Ross O'Carroll-Kelly, last year (or possibly the year before) he organised the national day of not letting birds out, perhaps you can let him do it again.

As for me I always let people out into traffic, regardless of sex, age or looks. The only exception I'll make is SUV's which:

1. F*ck up the planet for everyone
    2. Are impossible to see around when you're stuck behind one
    3. Will *KILL* a pedestrian they hit
    4. Will *KILL* the contents of a car they hit
    5. Take up 2 lanes on our narrow medieval Galway streets
    6. Are only used to drop Sorcha and Fiacra off at violin lessons anyway

The only excuse you ever hear for them is oh but they're so much safer for *my* kids. i.e. f*ck everyone else, they can just die, so long as mommys precious soccer player doesn't get a bruise.

Hmmm I'm thinking of starting a campaign to open the back doors of all SUV's and punch the kids inside, therefore making it obviously, and statistically, not safer for your kids to be in one!

Who's with me!?

Brilliant idea. Maybe you should bring it to our current mayor to try and get corporation backing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Its funny trying to watch a woman parallel park, they just cant do it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

Ok, these kind of threads pop up every now and then. I have to say that as a result of people making statements like this, I always make a point of letting people out.
    But...
    Why does the driver behind me (usually male) get all p*ssed off when I stop for a whole 5 seconds to let somebody out?
    Why do men who are slow drivers never pull over on the motorway to let you by?
    Why do men hate to have a woman overtake them, and as soon as they see you pulling up beside them, they put the foot down?
    I could go on and on...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

padi89 wrote:
    Its funny trying to watch a woman parallel park, they just cant do it!:D

Fact. Even though I'm a Corkonian, I have to chime in on this one. Every single girl I've dated, my Sis, and my Mother - none can parallel park. I even bought parking sensors for people, no good!

Have to disagree on the parallel parking bit - it isn't just women who can't manage that one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prune

The reason alot of women can't parallel park is because our brains work differently then mens - our spatial ability isn't as good as mens due to evolution.
    I don't know about women not letting people out - I do regardless of who it is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think its just a lack of courtesy on the roads in general. Not specific to women or men IMO. So with you on the SUVs. **** them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 vermont

I let ANYONE out as long as they're not cheeky b*ggers trying to pull a fast one....

AND not only am I a *brilliant* parallel parker but I am also the best manoeuver-er of a car I know; even the hubby grudgingly admits it, tho I can see it kills him...

Ah yes.... it's nice to blow your own trumpet sometimes eh?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

blowing your own trumpet isn't as easy or fun as it might sound :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 vermont

Course it is Drake .... Try Yoga !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

The only exception I'll make is SUV's which:

1. F*ck up the planet for everyone
    2. Are impossible to see around when you're stuck behind one
    3. Will *KILL* a pedestrian they hit
    4. Will *KILL* the contents of a car they hit
    5. Take up 2 lanes on our narrow medieval Galway streets
    6. Are only used to drop Sorcha and Fiacra off at violin lessons anyway

The only excuse you ever hear for them is oh but they're so much safer for *my* kids. i.e. f*ck everyone else, they can just die, so long as mommys precious soccer player doesn't get a bruise.

Hmmm I'm thinking of starting a campaign to open the back doors of all SUV's and punch the kids inside, therefore making it obviously, and statistically, not safer for your kids to be in one!

Who's with me!?

Owch... seems we've hit a touchy subject here!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Who's that w4nker that drives the Hummer?

I don't call him a w4nker because he drives a Hummer, I *could* (n theory) go out and buy one tomorrow morning (Running the thing would be a different story), but i've seen some idiot parking with the said veichle in question.

Just the other day, the g0b****e decided to park on double yellow lines opposite the 'Galway City Car Wash'. Not too bad the double yellow line parking, but due to the width of the damn thing he also blocked half the lane going towards the Cathedral. So basicly car's couldn't pass. They were stuck behind the Hummer, and within a few seconds the traffic had backlogged to the traffic lights at the bottom of the hill of Roches Stores

Argh I hope some scumbag slashes his tyres

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

JohnCleary wrote:

I don't call him a w4nker because he drives a Hummer, I *could* (n theory) go out and buy one tomorrow morning (Running the thing would be a different story), but i've seen some idiot parking with the said veichle in question.

Just the other day, the g0b****e decided to park on double yellow lines opposite the 'Galway City Car Wash'. Not too bad the double yellow line parking, but due to the width of the damn thing he also blocked half the lane going towards the Cathedral. So basicly car's couldn't pass. They were stuck behind the Hummer, and within a few seconds the traffic had backlogged to the traffic lights at the bottom of the hill of Roches Stores

Yeah, I've seen that asshole near my house! I wouldn't say this about any other car, but if you drive a Hummer in Ireland, you *must* be a complete asshole. I mean in fairness...

cornbb wrote:
    Yeah, I've seen that asshole near my house! I wouldn't say this about any other car, but if you drive a Hummer in Ireland, you *must* be a complete asshole. I mean in fairness...

Small willy syndrome? Or maybe just a total jackass...

"Hey, if I buy a Hummer everyone will think im cool... for who I am!!!!11!one"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

ned78 wrote:
    Even though I'm a Corkonian, I have to chime in on this one. Every single girl I've dated, my Sis, and my Mother - none can parallel park.

Oh... dear... Jesus!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I fear the title of this thread makes sweeping generalisations. If you can back up the women drivers complaint with genuine statistics I would be surprised...

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Lynfo wrote:
    Ok, these kind of threads pop up every now and then. I have to say that as a result of people making statements like this, I always make a point of letting people out.
    But...
    Why does the driver behind me (usually male) get all p*ssed off when I stop for a whole 5 seconds to let somebody out?
    Why do men who are slow drivers never pull over on the motorway to let you by?
    Why do men hate to have a woman overtake them, and as soon as they see you pulling up beside them, they put the foot down?
    I could go on and on...

kind of true but my original point is that women will not let you out. i will always give someone a chance. but for some reason MOST women (note i didnt say all, although i cant think of a time when one did) seem to begrudge men any chance at all. maybe they are concetrating so much on driving they dont see poor me trying to get out???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I let women out unless they are blonde, blondes look cutest when they go into a sulk as I drive past them :D

darrenh wrote:
    kind of true but my original point is that women will not let you out. i will always give someone a chance. but for some reason MOST women (note i didnt say all, although i cant think of a time when one did) seem to begrudge men any chance at all. maybe they are concetrating so much on driving they dont see poor me trying to get out???
    Do you have issues with women in general or is it only confined to a few issues? Maybe you can go unregged in Personal Issues to let some steam off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

JohnCleary wrote:

Ohhh its not gonna be pretty when I tell everyone who owns the hummer........drumroll please.....Yup its the same guy who owns cp's, not satisfied with pissing everyone off with the club he thought he would get a hummer!What a charcter!

• Advertisement

the-furbo wrote:
    Ohhh its not gonna be pretty when I tell everyone who owns the hummer........drumroll please.....Yup its the same guy who owns cp's, not satisfied with pissing everyone off with the club he thought he would get a hummer!What a charcter!

Yup, just copped it. The GF know's one of the owner's daughters, surprisingly she's supposed to be bang on, and not too bad lookin either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement