Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Third Round Mayhem.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Leeds have had so many chances its not right, just cant put the ball in the net. We could have scored 6 goals in the last ten minutes!! Hoult has made some miracle saves from Flo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

3-0 West Brom. I cant believe this match!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

Where u watching it? i was worried b4 the match about flo

On the Internet. Its over now. Finished 3-1. First twenty minutes we thre it away with some shocking defending.

As I said I wil settle for losing this match and beating you on the 20th! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Chelsea were always going to give someone a hiding, I'm just pissed off it had to be Macclesfield and not in a league game. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

Are u using P2P thing or sumthing coz i tried setting it up a few months ago but my pc is way too old for it. robbo scored an og. The real match is on the 20th, that should be good. ill c u there.....

Oh and how did Koren play i know he came on late but did he seem good??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What pool fans? holding up a paghe or something. Could be arse fans only saw a crowd shot.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Now that is a fantastic protest from the Liverpool fans, well done to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Absolute class there from Henry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

dudek is a pig:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if ever there was a case why dudek should never start for liverpool, today was it.

I think arsenal only had about 4 shots on target and he lets 3 in - and nont of the finishes were particularly unstoppable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Henry has pace that you just can't defend when he turns inside like that, there is very few players in the PL that could a score a goal like that against Liverpool. Dudek should have done better though, wheres reina on his way to Spain in exchange for David Villa???

Alonso has given the ball away a lot today not like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The first was very well placed, the second was a bobble, the third was a poor attempt at a save.

Sounds strange but I'd sooner Liverpool lost then drew, we'll just have to be happy to contest the Worthless Cup.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anyone else slightly annoyed at the volume of the crowd the BBC had on today? Like it's nice to hear the crowd and all, but when you can hear the stadium announcments perfectly theres something a bit wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Liverpool GIFTED arsenal that game. Three very poor atempts at defending. Arsenal came with a good game plan and it worked albeit with terrible assistance. The second goal was a clear case of everyone expecting the other to block him. The third, well any other day carra sends that into row a-z! He tried to be to smart and turn him and keep the play going.
    Dont know why people are blaming dudek not much he could have done imo.

Fair play to the Liverpool fans who organised the Mosaic and protest against that piece of **** Mckenzie.

• Advertisement

I don't see how Dudek could have saved the first goal, the 2nd goal he was maybe slightly off position, but way way way way more people were at greater fault for the goal than he was, and the third goal was actually a really good finish, and very few keepers have the ability to get down that quickly.

Liverpool showed little going forward imo, which was odd, considering they lost the game because of the lack of a holding midfielder, you'd imagine the midfielders would have been able to push up more.

Gerrard continued with the sillyness of always going for the Hollywood ball for no reason, breaking up a lot of attacking moves for no good reason.

Toure was fantastic as always, the man is a titan of a defender.

Why didn't Bellamy or Gonzalez come on towards the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tbh, had Dudek to be a few more inches taller he may have stopped it.

Second was bad on his part, should have gone down sooner imo.

We were suckered in by Arse using the tactics that worked so well for us, sit back and soak it up.

We offered nothing going forward. After today, I would be of the opinion that 12m for Crouch would be good business.

Fowler would have loved to play today. For shame.

First goal came from Risse losing possession and not tracking the runner into the corner.
    Second...great to see your captain pull out of a tackle instead of trying to drive the ball away.
    Third..Carra all the way. Shame on you.

Nothing special by Arsenal at all today and not a great game by any means.

imo we'd have found it hard to beat anyone playing as we did. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

PHB wrote:
    Anyone else slightly annoyed at the volume of the crowd the BBC had on today? Like it's nice to hear the crowd and all, but when you can hear the stadium announcments perfectly theres something a bit wrong.

Would be of the opposite opinion, prefer to hear more of the crowd and the atmosphere in the stadium, even heard a couple of fans shouting abuse, could har exactly what one guy said, thought it was funny.

Also i would prefer more volume of crowd than that awful commentary team, oh it was poor to say the least, the lame jokes were cringing from Laurenson (spelling?)

oh and anyone that blames Dudek for the loss is deluded, Liverpool were piss poor and deserved to lose, had no imagination at all, Dudek was poor alright for the last goal but Henry did shoot inside his box after Carragher made a poor attempt to retrieve the ball

Aye Lawrenson was never noted his jokes ;) Think I know the bit of "abuse" you heard was very funny on the lines of you ****ing little winker :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Who's in the what now?

Whats that all about? Protest?

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    Who's in the what now?

No idea had sound down on tv just seen the sheets.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Something to do with the Kop being demolished because of the new stadium I think...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Stekelly wrote:
    Who's in the what now?

Liverpool fans protest over The Suns coverage of Hillsborough disaster i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

From a neutral perspective, I thought that the game today was dreadful to watch.
    Neither team showed any great enthusiasm or gusto going forward, except Henry for his goal, but we all know that was Carragher's fault!!!

Watching Garcia must be head wrecking for Pool fans..I said to a friend,[A Pool fan] while watching the game, that he doesnt look interested, he spent time looking for frees and talking to the ref about Alonso's yellow card instead of just concentrating on his game...

When looking at the goals, I have to agree with Kaimera, Riise was at fault for needlessly giving away possession for the first goal and never recovering his position, and he wasnt helped much by the aforementioned Garcia.
    The 2nd goal well, having 10 Liverpool players in your own half, and about 6 around the player with the ball and nobody tackling him, you're asking for trouble..
    And as said already, the 3rd was Carragher's fault, never mind the score just get rid of the ball!!!
    On Liverpool's goal, nobody picked up Kuyt, and Crouch was inevitably going to get his head on to something..

At the end of the day, Arsenal set out their stall early and for 90 minutes we watched Liverpool have the lions share of possession and do feck all with it..Arsenal got lucky with their goals in my opinion, but thats the nature of the game, i wont say that they are deserved winners, because i feel that only Liverpool attempted to win the game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Why did I think it was something to do with the Kop? Did I not read that somewhereon this forum?! I'm going crazy...!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

"Are you Tottenham, Are you Tottenham, ARE YOU TOTTENHAM IN DISGUISE?"

Poor game I thought. Liverpool just got sucked into playing long ball after long ball which Senderous loves and clears with regularity. He had a really good game. Love to see the stats for this. I think Liverpool had about 60% possession but had fewer shots on goal than Arsenal. Toure was really good aswell.

Rosisky showed what he can do. He has a great shot and more of that please especially in Europe. Henry was very quiet I thought except for the goal which was masterfully taken.

Well it wasn't the prettiest game from Arsenal. Cesc was suspended so having 2 defensive minded midfielders in the centre will effect the way the overall team plays. Im not convinced of flamini at all. The sooner Diaby is back the better. Hleb battled ok, van the man was very quiet but barely had anything to work with.

There are quiet a few players coming back for Arsenal over the coming month so we should have nothing to fear in the new year.

Liverpools season could be over by tuesday night(assuming barca beat them of course in europe). Must be a big let down after the talk of a title challenge ;)

Roll on the 4th round. Hope to have a home draw at least.

On the protest. Well organised obvisously but I really hope this is the end of it. Let them rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Would be of the opposite opinion, prefer to hear more of the crowd and the atmosphere in the stadium, even heard a couple of fans shouting abuse, could har exactly what one guy said, thought it was funny.

anything to drown out the noise of John Motson and his sidekick. the BBC commentary is awful

Any reason why there was suddenly a protest over the sun today? I mena, why today, did they pick it out of a hat?

anything to drown out the noise of John Motson and his sidekick. the BBC commentary is awful

The worst of it was the 'daylight' thing, and then the 'joke' about what they would do at nighttime. Motson just didn't know what to say, because he wasn't sure if it was a joke or he was just really really really stupid.

Only just saw the goals now. Why did Dudek not just stick his foot out and block Henrys shot? It was ridiculous to try get down to a shot that came from so close. Carra should have put the ball into the stand when running out with Henry. He generally makes one mistake like that a seasonand in the end we were going out one way or another despite that goal so better that than in a crucial game that could cost us cl qualification.

Bit weak on the 2nd and not really his fault but he was positioned in exactly the right place for Rosicky shot to get up and down to beat him. A couple of feet further out or back in and it would have been saved. Maybe a little weak again.

The Tamworth goalkeeper was attrocios.

• Advertisement

The protest is part of a campaign against Kelvin MacKenzie who was the Suns editor at the time of Hillsborough and who recently said he stood by his headline The Truth accusing Liverpool fans of robbing the dead among other things. The Taylor report told the truth on that and many other matters but he won't let it go. MacKenzie recently got a gig on the BBC.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Can't believe Rosiky got into a position to score that second goal. Liverpool should be ashamed of themselves for letting him past 5 defenders! They barely lifted a foot

Utv news showed a short piece on the protest. The match is just on MOTD and nery a word of it

Its Match of the Day!

Mike.

it did happen during the match.

Plus they show things like minutes silences and the like. They also had about 5 minutes of talking to Maccesfield fans about the great trip up to the big smoke to see their team play Chelsea.

The Sun were wrong with what they said about the cause but the point of robbing the dead isnt untrue, numerous people who had left their houses with wallets took longer to identify because the wallet was missing.

Anyone who rememebers the incident will recall numerous people unsure of family members whereabouts due to the missing wallets. But the point the Sun are making is wrong in trying to defend their allegation that they were right in the 1st place about the cause.

Im not a pool fan and i still refuse to buy it due to that headline, odd tho every irish pool fan i know buys it.

kdjac

I dont, I'm a Mirror man. More upnarket you see.:)

BBC's coverage seems a bit half arsed. Did Maccesfield not finish with 9 men after the defender who got in goal got carried off or somesuch? No mention of that either. I would have considered that a bit of a talking point

Stekelly wrote:
    Who's in the what now?

The fact you have to ask that speaks volumes.

The fact you have to ask that speaks volumes.

why because someone says "theres a protest in anfield" and I didnt automatically know why?

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    Any reason why there was suddenly a protest over the sun today? I mena, why today, did they pick it out of a hat?

You just sum up the typical oirish approch to liverpool. Maybe if you followed WTF is happening CROSS THE WATER by the kopites you would have realised.
    http://www.reclaimthekop.co.uk/cgi-bin/main.pl

why dont you go jump off a cliff you tool. i'm not going to appologise for not keeping up with a campaign only started a couple of weeks ago, i have a life and had things to do over christmas. I read bits of the site but disdnt have a chanc eto read properly.

Not jumping on the guy who posted that it was a protest about the kop being torn down no?

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for all the future going on at lfc through your posts seeing as you have your finger on the pulse.

good lad yourself you may be better off seeking how rovers do out in tallaght.

but seriously what did you think they mean with a mosaic about "the truth" and chanting "justice for the 96" rocket science indeed.

good lad yourself you may be better off seeking how rovers do out in tallaght.

but seriously what did you think they mean with a mosaic about "the truth" and chanting "justice for the 96" rocket science indeed.

Can you read or is someone else posting for you?

Here is what I was replying to

I thought it was quite obvious seeing as I quoted him in th epost. Thats all the information I had at the time. I was playing football so didnt get to see the match.

It is just I find it very irish those who claim to follow their teams yet know nothing that is going on within them, this is not an attack at you just my remarks in general, like the muppets who "follow" liverpool yet still get on their planes to the matches copy of the sun in hand.

nice comeback. i think you win. You better gather all those toys from around your pram before someone trips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Why the f*ck should someone from Tallaght feel obliged to follow Rovers?!

I was wondering what RTK meant on the banners behind that goal, but in fairness for a "group", "founded" in October 2006, they haven't exactly been very active in the months leading up to tonight.

Tonight was one big exercise in typical mickey-mouser self pity and victimhood, I thought. Ticketless fans were partly to blame for the disaster, yet their behaviour has never been called into question in all the (justified, I admit) recriminations thrown around about South Yorkshire Police. The 6 minute "protest" (what exactly was it supposed to achieve; Kelvin MacKenzie is a succesful businessman, like it or not; he does what he does and the Sun sells shedloads; not from me, mind you) probably affected the players as well, which is incidental I suppose when there's a bit of victimhood to be flaunted.

I look forward to a "justice for the 39 protest".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

A mate of mine is a staunch Pool/Celtic fan and has 4 related tatoos...including Henrik Larsson across his back. :)

Anyway, himself and Rooney are playing well together and it surely won't be long before the deadlock is broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Aye, they're looking solid together. However, Rooney is giving the ball away far too often in the final third!

Pish-poor by both sides anywhere near the 18 yard area. Rooneys shooting is woeful, two years back he'd have buried his two best chances so far.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Larsson, goal, inevitable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement