Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Third Round Mayhem.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

1-1 Baros. Good finish. Poor defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Two similar goals, and Villa had one shortly before Baros', but the young lad missed it. I reckon it's going to finish 1-1. Obviously Villa haven't created a quarter of the chances United have, but it's the same old story, United should have been out of sight by half time, and if you don't take enough of the chances you create, you don't derserve to win the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Blackburn 2-0 up against Everton at Goodison which is surprising considering Rovers have rested a few players.

Matt Derbyshire scores his second in two games. Great to see a young player doing well for the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Brings on O'Shea. Bleh. United really should have put more of their chances away, I think it was 22 efforts to 4 at one stage. Fair play to Villa, they really lifted the game when they got the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Ole you beauty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Solskjaer is a better finisher than Rooney will ever be. Don't get me wrong, Rooney has so much going for him...but Solskjaer is simply lethal in front of goal

Get in there! Ole winner in the 91st minute. Kiraly was terrible for the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jammy bastard :D

super goal keeping right there

Honourable mention to the two young Villa centre backs. I thought they were very impressive. Very encouraging debut from Larsson and good performance from Carrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

United deserved the win to be honest, they were pretty much all over Villa all match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Same as the Chelsea game defended well but poor going forward, tbh I never expected Villa to win the Cup so might as well go out now, only problem is they played with great spirit so obviously this is going to affect their moral.

If we can get Dica, SWP and Bent we might be to match the good defending with some good attacking play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Interesting result that one. Rooney should have been off for those two kicks, one on McCann and one on Ridgewell easily a yellow each, then he got the assist for the winner (although Kirally should have done better, maye bateman will start a thread on him...), that's the way the game goes some times I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United really missed Scholes today, Giggs wasn't particuarly good in central midfield.

Larsson was good, showed some nice touches.
    Ole did well when he came on, with a very nice strike, which while the keeper should have done better, was still a really great shot.
    Rooney's touch is still poor, but he got two nice assists tonight.

Either way, deserved win, so i'm happy :P It's really nice to enjoy the game without the pressure of the premiership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blackburn 3 up at half time.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Kiraly you sonofa....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

He can go back to Palace thank you very much.

irish1 wrote:
    If we can get Dica, SWP and Bent we might be to match the good defending with some good attacking play.
    Yep but that's a big ask. Reckon Dica move looks positive, there's a lot of teams after the other 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Savman wrote:
    Kiraly you sonofa....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

He can go back to Palace thank you very much.
    To be fair Savman he kept us in it once or twice and he is only covering for Tommy and Taylor, tbh what annoys me is we let Wayne Henderson go for next to nothing, he could easily have stepped and would have the experience of training with the players for years. Tommy is due back soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

mike65 wrote:
    Blackburn 3 up at half time.

Mike.

Paul Gallagher. Another young player. He did well on loan at Stoke last season.

I don't expect Blackburn to concentrate much on this competition but its nice to win.

• Advertisement

irish1 wrote:
    To be fair Savman he kept us in it once or twice and he is only covering for Tommy and Taylor, tbh what annoys me is we let Wayne Henderson go for next to nothing, he could easily have stepped and would have the experience of training with the players for years. Tommy is due back soon.
    He kept us in it only to get us knocked out! I thought he was doing a great job for us and quite liked his character, but a couple of flaps against Chelsea and today's howler has me thinking otherwise.
    Maybe I'm being hard on him, I dunno I just can't believe we lost that game on a basic goalkeeping error in the 91st bloody minute. We might never have went on to win the FA Cup but I'd have almost fancied our chances in the replay at Villa Park with maybe a new signing or 2.

But we're out and life goes on I s'pose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The jammy bastards. Villa deserved something from that game.

Including a penalty, incidentally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ibid wrote:

Poppycock! Pigheads guessing your real name is Stevie Wonder. That was one of the most one sided matches I've seen this season. The only surprising thing about the game is that United only scored 2.

C'mon Ibid you're better than that.

Man Utd Aston Villa

Shots (on Goal) 31(18) 9(5)
    Fouls 12 15
    Corner Kicks 12 3
    Offsides 1 3
    Time of Possession 71% 29%
    Yellow Cards 0 1
    Red Cards 0 0
    Saves 3 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I love you too, Pighead :).

But no matter how many chances Utd had, they didn't put them away. Their attack was only as strong as our defence. And one jammy goal at the end doesn't count!

Not saying we deserved to win it or anything like it, just saying we deserved a replay for the brave defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ibid wrote:
    But no matter how many chances Utd had, they didn't put them away.

Well they put more away than Villa, in fairness.
    Ibid wrote:
    Their attack was only as strong as our defence. And one jammy goal at the end doesn't count!

Um, pretty sure it does count! :D

31 shots to 9 suggests that Villa were fairly dominated.
    Ibid wrote:
    we deserved a replay for the brave defence.

If that was the case there'd be a whole load of fixture congestion coming up soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ibid wrote:

You mean the foul on Gary Neville??????

Was Vidic rested or is he injured?I read on another forum that theres a rumour:rolleyes: that he has a bad injury.I hope its just the usual trash talk as hes our ost important defender at this stage,and by a long way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

And one jammy goal at the end doesn't count!

Ummm, come the draw for the 4th round, I think youll find that it does.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

adox wrote:
    Was Vidic rested or is he injured?

Injured according to the commentator today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He is injured, could be out for a month, but probably only for one more games. Hard to tell anymore, as the info that is getting to BBC or Sky is just silly these days, considering Neville was meant to be out for about a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

BBC commentator overstating Benni McCarthy's goalscoring. "5 goals in each of his last 5 games". That would be some record. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i fail to see how ole's goal was jammy.

shearer said it best about ole - think it was shearer - that he may not strike the ball that well that often but at least he hits the target. something i've never noticed about ole but looking back it really rings through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Cremo wrote:
    i fail to see how ole's goal was jammy

really?

the keeper totally messed it up

Cremo wrote:
    i fail to see how ole's goal was jammy.
    You're having a laugh surely?:confused::confused:
    Jammy/Lucky/Fortunate/Whatever

It wasn't so much a case of him being jammy as it was a case of Kiraly comitting a huge blunder. Can't believe I actually have to explain that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

Sheffield United and Charlton look like premiership teams to be going out...Swansea and Notts Forest with a significant upper hand in both games.

Nottingham Forest please

Notts is for that other club in Nottingham ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nottingham Forest please

Notts is for that other club in Nottingham ;)
    :D

That's got in early this year.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Stekelly wrote:
    BBC commentator overstating Benni McCarthy's goalscoring. "5 goals in each of his last 5 games". That would be some record. :)
    :D

Lawrenson: "is it just me or does the ball sound soft?"

Advertisement