Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Point??

Options
  • 04-01-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

My parents are heading up to see Mama Mia in Feb and I have to book them somewhere to stay for the night.

Can someone please tell me what area the point theatre is in?
    It would be great help if I could find something close to it.
    If anyone has any recommendations for somewhere to stay that would be great too (reasonably priced tho)!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The Point is at the Dublin port at the north side of the quays. Jury's Inn at Custom House quays is a 10 min walk from the Point, which is very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

The Clarion is another option and is even closer than Jurys.

Or the Quality Inn on the other side of the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

1128957395.1228901.phpZCPxKZ.jpg

The point is near the top right corner of the map, on the northwest side of the East Link bridge. Jurys would be a good choice as a place to stay. There are loads of places to stay if they plan on a longer stay in Dublin and intend seeing more of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Clarion Hotel is the nicest in that area and is very modern with a good Italian restaurant inside; after that, Jury's, has more of a "old-style" hotel about like the bar, etc., . After that, get a taxi to the Four focking Seasons - that Quality Hotel is not in so nice an area, feels like BRatislava.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Alternatively, Clontarf and its many B&Bs and some hotels are only a very short taxi ride away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

meow wrote:
    My parents are heading up to see Mama Mia in Feb and I have to book them somewhere to stay for the night.

Can someone please tell me what area the point theatre is in?
    It would be great help if I could find something close to it.
    If anyone has any recommendations for somewhere to stay that would be great too (reasonably priced tho)!

It's at the docks!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭meow

Thanks all

I've checked out all the hotels you#ve mentioned and unfortunately they're all booked solid!

I'm waiting for a confirmation booking from a B&B in Fairview, please tell me thats near the point:confused: It said it was on the details

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yes Fairview is near Clontarf. A 10-15 minutes journey by cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭meow

thanks

unforunately thats booked out too, rugby match that weekend.

Very quickly running out of options, anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Movershaker

At this point you'll probably just have to take what you can get in another area. It's near impossible to get near the Point in a taxi when there's a concert on, so chances are they'll have to walk part of the way, unless they want to watch the meter clock up a small fortune sitting in traffic!

Have a look for hotels in Dublin 1 and 2, and then check out Tripadvisor.com where you get actual reviews of most hotels.

I'd say stay away from hotels in Temple Bar or around that area if at all possible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go further out along the coast road - Raheny, Bayside, Sutton. Look also in areas like Harmonstown and Artane that are more inland.

Their main problem (not that it really is one) will be getting back 'home' afterwards. If it's a fine evening they can walk up the quays with thousands of others and get Nite link or a taxi out to their B&B. If it's raining it might not be as pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try the sheiling hotel in raheny.
    its about 15 mins away from the point by taxi (about €13), although your parents would be better off getting any bus outside the sheiling into town (fare is €1.60 and about 20 mins from town) and then taking a short walk up the quays.
    phone number: (01) 8314222

www.dublintourist.com/details/the_sheiling_hotel

Advertisement