Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ECW Wrestlemania 23 rumoured match

• 04-01-2007 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

lashley vs the great khali is rumoured for the ecw title at mania 23

sigh,least i know when im there when to go for a toilet break!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Yea, sounds sh*tty alright! Hopefully, they'll change it to somthing we'd enjoy i.e. something with CM Punk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Slightly off topic but will they have a different format for the rumble this year?
    Instead of 15 from Raw and 15 from SD will it be 10 from each of the three shows?

Just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I dont know how theyll accomadate all three rosters in the rumble as some will lose out a deserved spot. It'll be interesting to see.

But back to the subject, Khali and Lashley would be just terrible. Imagine the promos leading up to the event. I just cant see that drawing. I am interested in the Khali/Dreamer feud though. Hopefully we see an extreme rules match (with a decent timeframe) soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Brow wrote:
    . Imagine the promos leading up to the event. I just cant see that drawing. I am interested in the Khali/Dreamer feud though. Hopefully we see an extreme rules match (with a decent timeframe) soon.

The promos would be the best bit. Khali shouting random nonsense with Lashley whispering back would be great great stuff!

Seriously, its a fitting main event for the ECW show and how its evolved over the year. Really horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Lashley is a joke champ and with the way ECW is going I wouldnt be surprised if Khali got the shot.
    As far as the rumble goes, I cant see them using 10 ECW guys, probably more like 12 from Raw and Smackdown and 6 from ECW, probably Punk, Holly, Test, RVD, Sabu (if they are still there by then) and some other chump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Lashley is a grand ecw champ, if you consider, like I do, that the ecw title has is on the same level as the intercontinental title.

But, yeah, he should be put in the ring with someone with half way decent ability, or even Test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

This shows you either a)WWE are completely out of touch with what the average fan wants to see or b) It's deliberate sabbotage to make sure that ECW's crappyness continues. It's rather stupid putting it on Wrestlemania really but the rumoured matches so far are unbelievably bad - Khali vs Lashley, Batista vs Undertaker and Big Show vs Hogan. If thats the best they can do this year, I wouldn't give it a second thought if I never saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

This shows you either a)WWE are completely out of touch with what the average fan wants to see

How can you say that!:eek:
    Wait a sec! Carry on!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Undertaker V Batista will do nicely:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hairline88

the part about mania that i find funny is how **** a match the cw title will be in if its on de show at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

krudler wrote:
    lashley vs the great khali is rumoured for the ecw title at mania 23

sigh,least i know when im there when to go for a toilet break!

Ditto! :) Probably more because of Lashley than Khali, both are sh!t but I really just can't stand Lashley.

What next? K-Fed in the main event......... oh wait! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Ditto! :) Probably more because of Lashley than Khali, both are sh!t but I really just can't stand Lashley.

What next? K-Fed in the main event......... oh wait! ;)

well said..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I cant believe some of the stuff being churned out. Anyone hear the latest rumble rumour? McMahon Vs Trump and they pick a wrestler of there choice in a 'Battle Of The Billionaires'. No lie this is rumoured to help 'The Apprentice' flagging ratings.

As a previous post said, the writers are really out of touch with what is wanted as a wrestling product these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Brow wrote:
    I cant believe some of the stuff being churned out. Anyone hear the latest rumble rumour? McMahon Vs Trump and they pick a wrestler of there choice in a 'Battle Of The Billionaires'. No lie this is rumoured to help 'The Apprentice' flagging ratings.

As a previous post said, the writers are really out of touch with what is wanted as a wrestling product these days.

Problem is WWE is still getting ok ratings, making money and there's no competition (TNA still has a long way to go). Vince can throw out any old trash and any talentless big guys like Batista, Khali, Lashley, Masters as much as he likes and get away with it. The WWE product has been declining year on year since 2000 and I really hope Vince gets bit on the ass like he did around 95/96 because there's zero innnovation but sadly I can't see anything changing with Vince's and the writing team in the comfort zone.

Wrestlemania 23 is going to be the worst in a long time and I have no intention of buying it to see trash like Hogan vs Show, Khali vs Lashley and probably a clash of the titans in K-Fed beating Donald Trump in the main event :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Brow wrote:
    Anyone hear the latest rumble rumour? McMahon Vs Trump and they pick a wrestler of there choice in a 'Battle Of The Billionaires'. No lie this is rumoured to help 'The Apprentice' flagging ratings

i hope it is just that, a rumour

the more i hear about Wrestlemania the less interested i become. there is nothing at all to look forward to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

dont say mania is gonna be crap im going to it! please please let there be some decent matches!

Advertisement