Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dublin Sharks Flag Football Team Newsletter

Options
  • 04-01-2007 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

First off happy new year to everyone hope you had a good Christmas break.

Welcome to our first newsletter.

We will be back training on Saturday the 13th of January, in St Anne's Park Raheny @ 11am. it will go ahead no matter the weather. Remember to bring your football boots and training gear/tracksuit with you.
    We will meet at the entrance at the Howth road end of "ALL SAINTS ROAD" see link below for map and you can zoom in and see it clearly. It's the entrance at the all saints road/sybil hill ave junction. Try be there for 10:50am so we can start at 11.

http://www.dublintourist.com/towns/raheny/

The 29A from the City Centre and the 105 from DCU both go out there
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Raheny&SelectedRoute=29A

After a vote by the Founding Members Liam, Iain and myself we decided on the name "THE DUBLIN SHARKS" we will join several Flag teams from around the country and the IAFL (Irish American Football League) our organising body has pledged a very high level of support in 2007 for all things "Flag Football" So 2007 will be a great year for Flag Football in Ireland thanks to their support

It is the teams aim to have a friendly against another team in Feb/Mar so all our new players can get some experience. It will also give the more experienced players a chance dust themselves off and teach the new guys a few things.

We will be placing an order for our Jerseys as soon as we establish team numbers, so if you'd like your very own jersey with your name on it to impress the ladies!!! join up now before we place the order. Examples of the types of design we can go for can be seen here

http://www.rhinosports.co.uk/AmericanShirts.html

I'd encourage all new players who have contacted me to date about joining to please come along and try it out as you will definitely have some fun, get fit, and see what the sport is all about. I don't care if you've never held a football or never saw a game, just come along and we'll show you the ropes.

The National Flag Team (Team Ireland) will be travelling to England on Feb 24th to play a return game as Team England came over here on the 18th of Nov. So for those who are interested and have what it takes the opportunity to get involved and play for your Country in future games is there also.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me

Look forward to seeing you all soon
    John Heffernan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I am on here too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Batman182

Hi Kev, Got your e-mail sent you one back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Sorry to bother you again Batman but is it 5, 7, or 11 a side. Cheers and see you next saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Batman182

5 a side non contact.

Advertisement