Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless to more rooms

• 04-01-2007 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi all and a happy new year to you all , Im getting an Eircom wirless modem next week , well their ( 10 working days ) ( i was with bt ...... need i say more ? but i live in a 2 story house and will need to use my laptop upstairs and down , will the wireless modem that they send me do this and cover both up and down ? or will i need a second modem upstairs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I live in a 4 bed semi D. I have the eircom wireless router in an upstairs bedroom. I can use the laptop anywhere in the house (and garden)and I get a signal. I don't think you've anything to worry about - unless your house is a mansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

So long as your laptop supports wireless, and the upstairs of your home isn't wrapped in a Faraday cage, you should be alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Thanks for your help guys , if Eircoms 10 working days come in side 3 months .............. i might get wife back on e-bay . no im not selling her .... she is to good , she loves it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Fanboy

Can use an apple airport express to repeat the signal also, if you find the range isnt great. I live in a 3 story house, i found signal at the top wasnt great, use the Airport Express to repeat the signal on the 2nd floor and it's fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Thanks fanboy , if i ever win the lotto i might need it , but maby as ye are saying as im only 2 storys it might be ok . thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Fanboy wrote:
    Can use an apple airport express to repeat the signal also, if you find the range isnt great. I live in a 3 story house, i found signal at the top wasnt great, use the Airport Express to repeat the signal on the 2nd floor and it's fine now.

Hi Fanboy,

Can the airport express be used with any wireless network? Was looking up details on it on apple.com and it said this:

"Now with AirPort Express it is easier than ever to extend the range of your wireless network. If you find that in the farthest corners of your home – like the kitchen or upstairs bedroom – you are at the edge of your wireless coverage it is possible to setup an AirPort Express Base Station to connect to your existing AirPort Extreme or AirPort Express wireless network."

Advertisement