Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to this?

• 04-01-2007 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya

Just wondering if many people are going to the Deicide/Visceral Bleeding/Pyscroptic gig next week in the Temple Bar Music Centre?? Would this gig be safe to go to for someone in a wheelchair considering that the crowd at this are pretty sure to be going ape**** all night!!??? I'm just concerned that I might get bashed about a bit.....??

I've been to loads of gigs in this place, but I think the Deicide gig will be just a tad more - ahem - electric......?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I'll be there and seeing them for the 3rd year running. I'd say it would be safe enough, yeah it gets mad, but only if you want it to, you can hang around the sides or back and be generally mosh free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, it tends to be a small enough area that gets heavy, wouldn't worry overly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I usually hang around at the side(s) of the stage, where I can get a bit of a view AND get my ears blown off by the speakers at the same time......!

I may go along for the laugh......? I want to see what yer man Glen Benton is like in real life. Is he really as uncompromising as he comes across on TV & magazine interviews....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

I'll be thereeee!

</useless post>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Im not going to them but I am going to Malevolant Creation. :p

• Advertisement

I've decided to go along on Wednesday!! I've just got my ticket on-line!!! Keep an eye out for a flyin' wheelchair!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Is it possible to crowd surf in a wheelchair? I guess if things went wrong it could be extremely painful, but I've always been curious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

Is it possible to crowd surf in a wheelchair?
    is it ****in what?!

stagedivingmetal9qh.jpg

Hahaha! As soon as I saw crowd-surfing and wheelchair, I thought of that picture. Wan Bolt Thrower!

****in' HELL!!!!:eek: On second thoughts.......? Did that person survive that surfing???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

****in' HELL!!!!:eek: On second thoughts.......? Did that person survive that surfing???

He was wearing a seatbelt.

Mad bastard!!! Think I'll stay at the sides instead?? Not goin to get involved in any of that s**t at Deicide......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Aaaaaaaaah.........don't say that!!!??? I've just read that on blabbermouth too...

I could step in for him.....anyone could learn 17 Death Metal songs in an afternoon! Most of 'em go like this: "Aaaaaaaaargh,bleeeeeeeeurgh, wooooooooooooooarrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh"!!!!!!!!

Pretty simple, if you ask me....?

Seriously, though, I hope he makes it.....?

EDIT: If you actually read that again, he's only goin to miss two more dates in Holland, I think? So , he should make Wednesday's gig......

I've just found out FOR DEFINITE that he(Glen Benton) cannot make the gig/rest of the tour, so they've got some other guy to fill in on bass/vocals for the rest of the tour.....?

However, I did e-mail a guy earlier(can't remember his name), about the gig, and he said that they may be coming back later in the year for more gigs(hopefully with Glen this time)????

I'm still f**kin goin' though, so look out for a flyin' wheelchair!!!!

During the first four gigs Seth [van Loo] (SEVERE TORTURE, NOX, CENTURION) is handling vocal duties. In Manchester [beginning on January 9] Garbaty 'Yaha' (from Polish death metal band DISSENTER) will join DEICIDE, taking care of bass and vocal duties as long as necessary.

Fúck it, should be a good one anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

have to say I am probably going to avoid this - as I was intent on busting my Deicide cherry, and despite what people might say - Deicide without Benton is not Deicide. Thats like Megadeth without Mustaine - it just aint the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This blows....... I almost feel like not going now.

well i decided not to go - sorry but Deicide aint Deicide without Benton

Ah **** it, Jack Owen and Ralph Santolla will more than make up for it. Bring it on!

• Advertisement

The gig could easily have been cancelled, but the rest of Deicide and DME decided to go ahead with it. The least you could do is show some support for them. In his own words:
    H wrote:
    I hope people will still come out and support the show and, in turn, minimise the financial impact on all concerned (me, the band, the agent, the support bands etc. etc.). But if you choose not to that's just the way it is. Please try to remember, though, that the reason I'm still doing it is to secure future tours like Immolation etc. for Ireland.

neGev wrote:
    The gig could easily have been cancelled, but the rest of Deicide and DME decided to go ahead with it. The least you could do is show some support for them. In his own words:

Not really, since I was going to see just Deicide - I have no interest in the other two support acts.

That said I know plenty of people who are going for the support bands and likewise are interested in seeing Deicide without Benton - so fair play to them and also to DME for not canceling.

****ing great gig. An event. One of the best I can remember, honestly. That was just fantastic, such a good vibe, what Metal is all about. Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

awesome indeed. i went mostly to see Psycroptic & Visceral Bleeding, and god****indammit they were awesome. Deicide were as good as Deicide can be without Benton, Santollas leads were fairly sick and Owen's a legend.
    never thought much of Steve Asheim, and his solo didnt exactly win me over today, but i left a happy camper.
    2 bands i went to see were fantastic, Jason from Psycroptic did vocals for my favourite Deicide song (Bastard of Christ; seeing him sing the lyrics from a sheet cracked me up), and i got a pic with Martin from Visceral Bleeding :D

Exactly what J-zilla said. Fantastic atmosphere, it seemed that everyone who was there was really up for it. Great start to the year altogether.

What a f**king INCREDIBLE GIG!!!!! Even without Glen. The guy who stood in was brilliant. Fair play to him - Benton's shoes are big one's to fill!!!!! I met Jack Owen after the gig & got his autograph. I met Ralph Santolla before the gig, but I have to say, I think he is one arrogant MF!!! He just acts like a f**kin poncy rock star!!!!

I got a drumstick from Steve Ashiem too(I was the guy in front of the barrier in the wheelchair)!!!!

I met the guys from VB & Psycroptic after the gig. A nice bunch of guys.

Hopefully, Deicide will return either later this year, or early in '08 with Glen at the helm......?

EDIT: Does anyone have any video from last night's show?? If so, can you put it up on YouTube??

Advertisement