Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going back to do the leaving cert-options?

Options
  • 04-01-2007 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

I was wondering what are my options if I wanted to go back to sit my leaving cert?

Do i have to attend a mature student institution or can I study at home?

How many times are year are the exams held?where are they held

What subjects are complusory?maths irish and english are a must I assume?

Do you have to study for 6 subjects all at once or can you stagger it where you can study 3 this year do the exams for those and then study another 3 the following year?

I only got 215 points when I did my lc back in 1997 but to tell you the truth I did very little study I would look to get above 600 points if went back ,I would work hard and obviously more mature now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lizzylinda

Hi, I'm pretty sure that if your doing the leaving cert again for the points you will have to do all six subjects this year. there are some colleges ie technical institutes that hold classes for mature students who want to do their leaving cert again, however my brother did his LC and studied at home and contacted a secondary school near him and they allowed him to sit it with them. hope this helps, by the way 600 points is the limit, cant get anymore than that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

And exams are held in June only

Advertisement