Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Shower

Options
  • 04-01-2007 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Do people still have baby showers? Or is this kind of thing really only done in the US?

I really like the idea of having one, not for the presents, I wouldn't care if nobody brought them. But as I have a lot to save for, and am feeling **** most of the time, I don't really get out and can't see it changing for quite a while ;)

I'd really just like a get-together with all my girly friends and a bit of a catch up before the babs arrives.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I never heard of them until I moved to the US last year and my wife was invited to one of her friends. No harm getting together with your mates if you are down in dumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Depending on where you are people do. We wanted to hold a baby shower for one of the gals at work however we were advised that it's not really the done thing in Ireland and if you do throw a party then you shouldn't give gifts for the baby because you might jinx the remaining part of the pregnancy.

Advertisement