Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games Installation using Bluetooth?

• 05-01-2007 1:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I couldn't find a mention of this here and I'm a bit of a newbie at this bluetooth transfer lark!

I have a Motororla L6 and a Bluetooth dongle for the PC.

My question is this: Can anyone recommend a PC app to simplify installing Apps & Games onto the phone that are downloaded from the web on the PC?

Any good sites for this type of thing? (I've found some good stuff on www.getjar.com, but its the installation I'm not so sure about - not much info on that site).

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Normally you shouldnt need any particular application to get the games from the PC to the phone. If your phone is recognised by Windows and bluetooth is switched on you should simply be able to right click the downloaded java game and choose Send to... Bluetooth Device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Thanks Pansy!

I was just wondering if there is a program for it. I didn't get any CD with the phone (new) out of the box, but have found a few ones on the net. However, no matter what drivers / program I use, I haven't been able to transfer anything over the included USB cable.

Has anyone else done this successfuly with the Motorola L6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Doodlebug wrote:
    Thanks Pansy!

I was just wondering if there is a program for it. I didn't get any CD with the phone (new) out of the box, but have found a few ones on the net. However, no matter what drivers / program I use, I haven't been able to transfer anything over the included USB cable.

Has anyone else done this successfuly with the Motorola L6?

Motorola charge extra for their Phonetools software, however if you enable bluetooth on the phone, set it to discoverable, then right click on the file you want to send and select Send To, Bluetooth, Other, Refresh it should find your phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Thanks for the advice Pansy & skearan- that was a lot less complicated than I was expecting! :)

Cheers!

Advertisement