Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Caught on Gatso Camera on old Drogheda Road

Options
  • 05-01-2007 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

I got flashed by this camera as after the M1 Gormanstown exit. I could have sworn I was only slightly above the 100kmh. Anybody know if this is the limit there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Jimmy, the limit there is 100km/h to my knowledge. That camera is very strange - I have no idea how but I remember it flashing as I drove towards it on a motorcycle. No car in the opposite direction. Maybe I was too near the centre of the road or something... I dunno - Didnt think that was possible!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I doubt this would be an 'N' road and therefore unlikely to be 100km/h - more likely to be an 'R' road with an 80km/h limit

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

AFAIK it's an 80 Km limit, nearly got nabbed there myself before.

Drax - As for the camera flashing you if you are speeding twoards the camera it will flash you sometimes (i think if it has no film or something)
    Got me once or twice;) Kinda freaked me out to be honest, in the middle of the night it was a bright flash straight in my face

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Cheers mik...
    I always pass that camera with caution anyway but will be even more vigilant now!

Anyone know when they are starting to being in these private camera's?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

80km/hr all the way to Julianstown. Silly limit on such a decent road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Drax wrote:
    Anyone know when they are starting to being in these private camera's?
    Around the middle of 2007. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of advertising.

Victor wrote:
    Around the middle of 2007. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of advertising.

Will they be "visible" like the ones in the UK, or will we see accidents in front of them as drivers see them at the last moment and hit the anchors!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

At the start it will be mostly visible, but will shift to mostly covert.

Another hazard to watch out for in the future :(

Advertisement