Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband

Options
  • 05-01-2007 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

Right I'm getting fed up waiting for DSL broadband so I'm jumping in and getting Wireless BB.

I live in a town round near Oldtown, Ashboure, Co. Dublin

Services which I can get are [well, hopefully]: Ice Comms, Digiweb, and Irish Broadband.

If anyone's had experience which these companies, how were they?

And how reliable are they and/or Wireless BB overall? Being a gamer, would I be better off sticking to Dial-up or would WBB still give a better boost in net speed and constant connection?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

Well my parents have had broadband with Ice Comms for a year or two now, and so far so good. When I was living there I always found it ok, although the upload speed wasn't all that great so you will get a bit more lag in games than with some other companies. But the service always seemed reliable, and is definitely a HUGE amount better than dial-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rebels_mascot

I was with Irish Broadband for a while but swapped to Chorus, only because I was getting digital in as well so thought I might as well get both packages.

I liked Irish Broadband especially that they emailed me when they'd be down. The main problem with Wireless broadband is contention, i.e. you share your connection with up to 40 other people so if everyone is using the net you'll end up with a slow connection. Also it's line of sight so if there's alot of trees in your area you might end up with a poor signal.

Advertisement