Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhiding phone number....how to ?

Options
  • 05-01-2007 5:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

As the subject suggests my house number for some reason comes up as a private number and if i get any missed calls from there i would like to know.

So how do i unhide the number , caller id is already enabled at home . Is ther a special code you can type in or something ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Is your number in the phone directory or is it ex directory maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

This is a newly installed line so dunno , don't recall they ever asking in the first instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

If u tell them to dial 142 in front of your number the caller id will come up. 141 is also used to hide the caller id.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ladyez

If you call your phone company and ask to have caller id switched on this will sort it out. Caller id is viewed as a service and sometimes isn't added

Advertisement