Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl frozen veg

• 05-01-2007 6:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

hi
    I've never heard of the these brands Blue Mountain and Green Grocer that lidi stock but i see that they are a good bit cheaper than birds eye or even supervalu's own frozen veg brand.
    I'm always concerned about quality though with cut-price goods but unfortunately the packaging on these products is a little vague.

Does anyone know if the lidl frozen veg is as good quality as the more familiar brands we see in the Irish stores?

Thanks in advance
    cozmik

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I buy the Green Grocer's brand peas and beans, and they're fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Nothing wrong with that stuff at all. Good quality imo and the prices are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I love their green beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

That's because they are probably own brands, made for Lidl.

And if you think anything better goes into SuperValu's or the likes frozen veggies..well, I wouldn't get too caught up on that thought ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I use them all the time they're a great way to fill out a chili or a pasta sauce at the end of the month and when you can't get your hands on any fresh veg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement