Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xvid/DivX

• 05-01-2007 9:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

I recently got a Powerpoint DVDX DVD/DivX player and so far it plays everything I throw at it. But lastnight I tried to play a disc that had an Xvid file on it and it wouldn't play it, citing unsupported format. I was under the impression that DivX players could play Xvid files. Was I wrong? Also, is there a application that will convert Xvid to DivX?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

hamsterboy wrote:
    I recently got a Powerpoint DVDX DVD/DivX player and so far it plays everything I throw at it. But lastnight I tried to play a disc that had an Xvid file on it and it wouldn't play it, citing unsupported format. I was under the impression that DivX players could play Xvid files. Was I wrong? Also, is there a application that will convert Xvid to DivX?

depends on how the Xvid file was encoded - theres a lot of different options, not all of them supported by standalone players.

Dr. Divx will convert Xvid to Divx
    http://labs.divx.com/DrDivX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Cool and the gang. Will give it a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I noticed that my player will play Xvid and Divx too. I had the same problem months back and I found out that it was due to the Xvid being encoded in a higher bitrate than Divx.

Really. That's encouraging. I'll try and encode the Xvid file to a lower bitrate and see if that works. Cheers

loyatemu wrote:
    depends on how the Xvid file was encoded - theres a lot of different options, not all of them supported by standalone players.

Dr. Divx will convert Xvid to Divx
    http://labs.divx.com/DrDivX

Strange thing. Some of the files I convert using Dr. Divx don't play in the player, while others will.

New problem now
    While I was using Auto GK, it will finish decoding the audio, but when it moves onto the video, it throws an error sating the input format is unsupported or uncompatable (forget which). This is odd cos it's using .vob files created from the original DVD by DVD Decrypter. Any Ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement