Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can i sell croke park vista

• 05-01-2007 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

thinking of selling the copy of vista i should be getting for sitting through that crap in croke park i'm hoping to buy xp mce licence instead

i installed the rtm (vista extreme) and found it pretty boring..

I missed ie6, (no refresh button)
    edit a text file in program files or windows directory ???
    the misreable darkness of it all
    compatability issues with apps and drivers
    editing your ip address?
    the absolute mess of the "user" folder

anyway wonder can i legally sell it
    how much will it be worth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Don't know the legalities of it, but if you haven't used it, I'd imagine you can sell it.

IE7's refresh button is after the address bar [or just hit F5].

If you can't edit system files, it's for your own good. UAC is going to go down well ...

Without Aero, it is quite dull.

Compatability will cause people to smash their heads off walls. Believe me, I had great fun installing RC2. I had to install Windows Server 2003 first.

Changing connection settings is fun. From what I remember, you have to open 'Network', click some green button, click the white hyperlink on the side of that dialogue, right click the connection and select properties, accept the UAC connection, double-click IPV4 settings, apply. Easy! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm running Vista Business on this very laptop for about a month now and despite initial reservations, it's really grown on me!

- UAC is annoying but easily turned off.
    - The whole Networking side (especially wireless) seems a lot better
    - The Aero interface is nice.. I do kind of miss the old-style All Programs menu tho.
    - IE7 is now standard on XP anyway (automatically installs via Windows Update) so time to get used to it :)
    - The way Windows/Microsoft Update is integrated in Vista is neater

What I've yet to discover though, is how easy this is gonna be to deploy extensively in a office enviornment. I've gotten so used to XP's Sysprep and Symantec Ghost that there'll be some reading to do. Anyone have any useful links/advice?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

i wouldn mind getting hooked up with a copy of vista if anyone got 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

oh and i forgot to mention monopoly tycoon doesnt work on it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    - IE7 is now standard on XP anyway (automatically installs via Windows Update) so time to get used to it :)

Actually you can delete the IE7 update in Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs. I got updated, couldn't stand IE7 so I deleted the update and I'm back to go ol' IE6 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Im dying to get my hands on a Copy of Vista!! (I wouldn't pay for a copy though, Ill get work to get one for ..testing!! ;) )

Advertisement