Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2007

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hargreaves for 20 million in the summer would be silly I think. I think he'd be worth it now to get us that extra cover for the rest of the season, but I'd rather the money was spent on somebody that can help us this season (which is worth about 10 million or so, or even more if you add in merchandising from good preformance)

---
    KdjaCL wrote:
    No sorta weird formation they start with 4 at the back with Alves and David bombing forward allowing Navas and Adriano to push inside to help Poulsen and Renato who push on to support Kanoute and Fabiano so it ends up being a 2 2 2
    4 type thing :confused:

Pique was immense last night considering Sevilla had 4 strikers on for the end and pushed right up, nothing went tru the middle only Alves on the riight caused problems.

Would see no need to buy hargreaves in the summer if this lad is there already.

kdjac

Fair enough. I rate Pique very highly, but not sure he could make it as part of a United 4-4-2, especially in the English league. I think he'll be a World Class CB, and would rather he was allowed develop there and we brought in somebody else in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

please say yes Larsson. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Well its promising that the club has said they will go with whatever Larsson says. By the looks of him yesterday this is a great piece of business by Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Yeah, he looked great yesterday - good movement, sharp, bringing other players into the game...judging from his performance it could be quite a coup...hopefully he might stay on til the end of the season

injury free would be great too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Larsson was a joy to watch today. rooney, however, wasnt. he couldnt take anything under control and made so many terrible passes. Carrick was crap too.

What game were you watching? I was at this game and while rooney could have played alot better, he set up both goals. some of his tracking back was brilliant and he started alot of attacks. Carrick on the other hand, was pretty good i thought. Only player better than him was Evra, who was excellent.

vidics injury is a worry,he is so important to us right now, that his loss could seriously hinder our season. i thought browne was crap yesterday. looks like bale and hargreaves will stay put for now.

What game were you watching? I was at this game and while rooney could have played alot better, he set up both goals. some of his tracking back was brilliant and he started alot of attacks. Carrick on the other hand, was pretty good i thought. Only player better than him was Evra, who was excellent. .

Yeah, Rooney played well. Should have been a bit more clinical in front of goal though. Evra and Carrick were solid as well got to say. Who got MOTM?
    vidics injury is a worry,he is so important to us right now, that his loss could seriously hinder our season. i thought browne was crap yesterday. looks like bale and hargreaves will stay put for now.

Ah Brown wasnt crap IMO. Bit sloppy for the chance jsut before Villas goal, but if memory serves me right Rio was at fault for the goal. Too deep and in cuckoo land. How long is Vidic out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Trilla wrote:
    Ah Brown wasnt crap IMO. Bit sloppy for the chance jsut before Villas goal, but if memory serves me right Rio was at fault for the goal. Too deep and in cuckoo land. How long is Vidic out?

Its only since Vidic has become so reliable for us that i realise how unreliable both brown and silvestre are. Grand, Brown played well last year and he's a local favourite but he always looks a bit shaky. He gets sucked out to the ball very easily, he lunges in for headers and leaves big gaps in behind.

It was also interesting what schmeichel said on BBC that if VDS was playing he would have got the back 4 to step out quicker, leaving Baros in an offside position.
    I think Ferdinand is playing quite well this year. Would anyone agree??

• Advertisement

I think the entire world would eat their hat if Xavi moved from Barca to United.

Mavuba is a player I've heard good reports about, but never seen play whatsoever, either way, he's probably better than O'Shea in midfield, so :)

PHB wrote:
    Mavuba is a player I've heard good reports about, but never seen play whatsoever, either way, he's probably better than O'Shea in midfield, so :)

I saw him play last year for the france U-21's and he looked good. He's a small enough guy but he wasnt afraid to tackle or get stuck in. He'd be like Makelele in that he rarly gets forward. Not sure if he'd suit United though, He probably wouldnt be a 4-4-2 type CM player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

PHB wrote:
    I think the entire world would eat their hat if Xavi moved from Barca to United.

I'd have to create a new boards account

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Alan Smith made a statement indicating that any clubs interested in him are wasting their time trying to sign him.
    umm...
    Yay?

Alan Smith made a statement indicating that any clubs interested in him are wasting their time trying to sign him.
    umm...
    Yay?

when? link?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The Daily Express.... Cant find it online.
    Oh wait. its in the bbc "gossip" column also.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

umm...
    Yay?
    yeah was reading that myself... i seen it in a couple of places! he still has a part to play with utd i think, once he gets fit!

Yeah, don't think his Utd career has really started yet and I still believe he has a lot to offer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Anyone know if Saha is going to be fit for the Villa game saturday? It would be interesting to see which combination he would go with.

Saha was meant to be out for 3 weeks, so I doubt he's fit for the Villa game. I'd be suprised if we don't beat Villa, surely after losing to us twice, they'll just roll over, especially considering Ole's demoralising late goal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

PHB wrote:
    Saha was meant to be out for 3 weeks, so I doubt he's fit for the Villa game. I'd be suprised if we don't beat Villa, surely after losing to us twice, they'll just roll over, especially considering Ole's demoralising late goal.
    I'd say they'll be very much up for this one, and if United aren't on form they could slip up against Villa.

unless we score early, expect a dog-ed affair at OT against Villa. I've a feeling Ronaldo will run riot though and win the game for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

i tihnk we should beat villa, kiraly will have lost confidence after that blunder so the last thing he'll want is to play utd again so hopefully we can capatalise on that!

villa are a bit light in midfield too, petrov is out with hamstring trouble so scholes should be able to command midfield over the young Osbourne fella and if he can do that then we will tear them apart.

i hope fergie doesn't sell brown. he's no longer first choice but ya could have alot worse for back up! if he goes it leaves silvestre as the main cover for defence should there be any injuries! scary thought!

i no heinze can play there but fergie prefers him as a LB and he has decided(dunno why) that O'Shea is better as a DM.

I don't think Brown should be sold, or will be sold.
    We loaned our 3rd choice RB out to Villa, so if he was sold, we'd have no cover there. If this hadn't happened, it might occur, as we'd have cover in RB, and Heinze could play LB or CB, but without a backup right back, I can't see this happening. Considering Evans has been loaned out, and Pique is still out on loan, I doubt this will occur, unless a replacement is bought at RB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

PHB wrote:
    I don't think Brown should be sold, or will be sold.
    We loaned our 3rd choice RB out to Villa, so if he was sold, we'd have no cover there. If this hadn't happened, it might occur, as we'd have cover in RB, and Heinze could play LB or CB, but without a backup right back, I can't see this happening. Considering Evans has been loaned out, and Pique is still out on loan, I doubt this will occur, unless a replacement is bought at RB.
    JOS can do RB if DM cover was bought

Ronaldo becomes third player to receive comsecutive player of the month awards.

4/5 players who have won it this season have been Utd:D
    I wonder why he is wearing number 10 on his shirt though

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=setSelectedId&nextPage=enNewsLatest&id=1603254&type=com.fapl.website.news.NewsItem&categoryCode=News

JOS can do RB if DM cover was bought

Yeh maybe, O'Shea ain't a half bad full back imo.

Great to see Ronaldo win the award for two months running, let's just hope he can continue his form

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Whats the story with torres now are we still after him or was that just tabloid dribble or was it a clever cloak for larson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Id be fairly surprised if we got Torres in the summer. Hows he doing in the primera liga this year anyway :confused:

Henrik looks as fit as ever and on sundays performance alone will add more class to the team, good players can play with good players :D

Another goal for him saturday? He was 9/2 to score 1st last wkend so I think I might have some of that this wkend !

• Advertisement

Torres is 23. out of contract in the summer. id say he will be moving.

Larsson is 35. I highly doubt fergie is thinking of him as long term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

evad_lhorg wrote:

4/5 players who have won it this season have been Utd:D
    I wonder why he is wearing number 10 on his shirt though

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=setSelectedId&nextPage=enNewsLatest&id=1603254&type=com.fapl.website.news.NewsItem&categoryCode=News

That would be his training number..........most players have different training numbers compared to their squad numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

evad_lhorg wrote:

That can't be true! If it was surely the rumour mill would be in overdrive right now because he's the hottest young striking talent on the planet at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I thought Torres signed a new contract last summer which dramatically reduced his buy out clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Sizzler wrote:
    Id be fairly surprised if we got Torres in the summer. Hows he doing in the primera liga this year anyway :confused:

Henrik looks as fit as ever and on sundays performance alone will add more class to the team, good players can play with good players :D

Another goal for him saturday? He was 9/2 to score 1st last wkend so I think I might have some of that this wkend !

Torres is having a decent season and Atletico are going well in La liga. Torres scored a lovely goal yesterday in a 1-1 draw with Osasuna in the Copa del Rey:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw7QDhseV1M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

evad_lhorg wrote:

Me neither :p Handy to have to come off the bench if we kept him for next season. Lets see how he gets on over the next few weeks first ;)

Id be AMAZED if Torres was out of contract in the summer :confused: If that was the case Atletico would have sold him by now, you may need to check that me thinks !

Nunu wrote:
    Torres is having a decent season and Atletico are going well in La liga. Torres scored a lovely goal yesterday in a 1-1 draw with Osasuna in the Copa del Rey:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw7QDhseV1M

lovely goal by torres!
    He could be another reyes in the premier league though. Then again, united could take the chance and have another great young player. He doesnt have the captaincy at athletico for nothing i suppose.

Is that costinha playing for athletico?? He's an animal player! Getting old now i think. was great for portugal a couple of years back.

It's sad actually looking at the market. I dont think there are any midfielders around that are actually worth bringing in. Hargreaves?? i dont think this guy is much better than Phil Neville. Reo Coker is a headless chicken. Who else is there that could actually improve Uniteds midfield?? (Not as back up, as a starter every week)

Vidic and Saha are both in contention for a starting place for the game against Aston Villa, according to BBC. Good news then with no major injury worries!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

cracker of a goal..........would love to see him at OT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Im sure Bayern would love to deal with the club who signed Ballack.

If they are holding out, United should tell them to get stuffed. Lets see how much they get if United or Chelsea arent after him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

As opposed to the club who didn't sell them Van Nistelrooy? Hargreaves won't go to Chelsea. Robben won't leave unless Mourinho is trying to sabotage the club before he goes.

Mark wrote:
    unless Mourinho is trying to sabotage the club before he goes.

we can only hope

There is no midfielder in the world, except maybe Xavi, Pirlo or Ronaldinho who would think they would get thier place in the Chelsea squad. Hargreaves has always shown himself to have reasonable intelligence, so I doubt he'll go to Chelsea.

To be honest, the way the youngsters(SWP, Obi Mikel, Huth and even now Robben) have turned out at Chelsea is very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

PHB wrote:
    Hargreaves has always shown himself to have reasonable intelligence, so I doubt he'll go to Chelsea.
    I think you could be right there.
    PHB wrote:
    To be honest, the way the youngsters(SWP, Obi Mikel, Huth and even now Robben) have turned out at Chelsea is very satisfying.
    TBH, I'm pis$ed off that we don't get to see Robben, Joe Cole, SWP playing for somebody else in the prem every week. Chelski is like a black whole sucking in talent that is willing to play in the prem.
    But I am happy how Mikel has worked out:p

• Advertisement

The point is that they are now shining examples to the dangers of joining a club like Chelsea, added to that with the comments of Crespo about the club, it's all helpful :)

Jones once again proves his talent in the championship today, with a screamer for Derby to give them the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You'll really have to fancy your chances if you go to a club like Chelsea, because they have such talents on their bench and reserves, so you have to be an outstanding player to get noticed at Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Torres is buyable at the end of the season if Atletico dont get into the CL, they 2 points of CL place and with Aguerro have a superstar in the making to replace Torres if he goes if not 2 of them up front together is scary.

Ageuro, gay music tho

Hope both stay at atletico tho.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Just read that Chelsea have reportedly offered Robben + £7 million for Hargreaves. Complete nonsense. Chelsea already have Makalele, Ballack, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, etc in the centre of midfield. Besides the fact that Hargreaves would add nothing to that lineup, Robben + £7M is ludicrous money for a player who only had a bit part with Bayern.

• Advertisement
Advertisement