Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2007

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

So Rossi has scored 6 tmes in 13 games with two assists...not bad seeing as they're only scored 28 goals in total this season...

Rooney, bad season eh? 20 bloody goals is a poor return alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

event wrote:
    if me auntie had balls she'd be me uncle
    depends if by blood or by law - if by law your uncle probably wouldn't have have married 'him'. :D

Solskjaer planning on retiring at the end of next season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Solskjaer planning on retiring at the end of next season...
    Yep, saw that on SSN earlier. I guess it had to happen sometime.

Glad he's not moving elsewhere, he's shown this season that he's still an asset. Hopefully he'll stay with the club in a coaching capacity.

Yep, saw that on SSN earlier. I guess it had to happen sometime.

Glad he's not moving elsewhere, he's shown this season that he's still an asset. Hopefully he'll stay with the club in a coaching capacity.

Passing on his wisdom to youngsters..."stand in front of the goal all day and continue to kick the football into the empty net!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Hopefully he'll stay with the club in a coaching capacity.

i remember speculation before that that's why Sir Alex was so patient with him despite all the injuries (where previously he's had no hesitation discarding players), he shows a great ability to read games and change them for the better when he comes on... so some reckon he'll be an excellent coach if chooses that route.

he has already shown an interest in that side of the game, such as as academy that we took Eikrem from. (or Eikrem attended a trainming day, summit like that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

increases the need for another striker. It'll be a sad day when he hangs up his boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Solskjaer is defo the best finisher at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Ole is staying at Old Trafford when he retires, he got a job as an ambassador for the club, it was agreed when he was coming back from his long term injury.
    He will promote United through the world and no better man to do it

Forever thankful to you Ole for that magical moment in Nou Camp 99
    A true Red Legend !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Fergie backing Smith for england

you have to admire Ferguson. He certainly has a gift for motivation and instilling confidence in his players. Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

And, he's such a nice guy its unreal :)

Rossi has 6 goals in 13, and while a couple of those were penos, in a team that's struggling in relegation, he's doing fantastic.
    He will come back next year, and start to work his way into the United team.

If Saha goes, and with his injury problems, it's looking possible, I hope we go for Tevez. Ashton would also be a great buy imo. That said, I'd rather a fit Saha over both of them, so lets hope he can get his act together.

Rooney-Tevez-Rossi-Smith would be a great front four.

i would love to see a free roaming 3 of Rooney, Ronaldo and Rossi, backing up a central striker (Smith would be good enoung imo, but would love...Eto'o :D) with Hargreaves and Carrick/Scholes behnid them. Could be freaking fantastic.

for that to happen, Rooney would have to play left wing. Rossi is either a central striker or an AMC.

Eto is still a possibility, but I don't know.
    Berbatov could easily become a transfer target. United were after him last season, and he can do exactly what United want, hold up the ball and score goals. That said, I can't imagine him leaving so soon after joining Spurs.

Ah, but i said free roaming - the three would (in my dream) swap throughout the match - with Ronaldo easily being able to play on the left, and Rossi could out in stints there given he has fantastic technique, is a good dribbler and is left footed. So all 3 players could play on the left, all 3 can play in the centre, and rooney and ronaldo can play on the right.

Even when rooney is played up front, his natural game brings him deep and wide into space.

Not sure about Berbatov - sometimes he looks world class, sometimes he looks a little ordinary. Would love to see what he could do at United though, but I don't think he'd jump ship from Spurs after just one season, and the price that would be required to get him would be massive if he did like the idea of coming to OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I would love to see unted going for a player like Pirlo or Xavi and spending 20-30 million on one of them instead of 20 million on Hargreaves. I know it would be hard to get either of them to leave but it would be very worth while if United could manage it.

We don't need another passing midfielder, we need a destructive midfielder.
    Scholes-Pirlo/Xavi would be just too offensive, we'd get killed in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

BFassassin wrote:
    I would love to see unted going for a player like Pirlo or Xavi and spending 20-30 million on one of them instead of 20 million on Hargreaves. I know it would be hard to get either of them to leave but it would be very worth while if United could manage it.

I have to agree with you, I think we are blowing up the arrival of Hargreaves as the answer for everything and have started to over rate him as a player. Do not get me wrong he is a very committed and professional player and we know he will give a 110%, Its just i am not sure his top quality ( i really hope he proves me wrong next season and makes me eat my words)
    And you know the price will be inflated because its United .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

BFassassin wrote:
    20 - 30 mil on pirlo, he's in his 30's!!

• Advertisement

never mind that - Xavi and Pirlo would be poor buys regardless of their age - we needa tough tackling midfielder, not another passer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tauren wrote:
    never mind that - Xavi and Pirlo would be poor buys regardless of their age - we needa tough tackling midfielder, not another passer.
    yes we do need a passer to replace paul Scholes when he retires ,he's 32 now

and Xavi is 27 and a great passer of the ball

would be a great addititon to united side

but Scholes still has lot to give yet

brilliant player ,my favourite player

Hey, I wouldn't say no to Xavi, just don't think theres a chance in hell that he will leave Barca.
    If he does, he would be a Scholes replacement, but it wouldn't change the need for Hargreaves to be brought in.

yes we do need a passer to replace paul Scholes when he retires ,he's 32 now

and Xavi is 27 and a great passer of the ball

would be a great addititon to united side

but Scholes still has lot to give yet

brilliant player ,my favourite player
    for better or worse - i think it is why Carrick has been signed. He is a great passer of the ball, but his extra defensive qualities over Scholes will give freedom to Ronaldo and Rooney to really just play free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'd still like to see united go for Scott Parker I think he is quite similar to scholes in style. I,m not sure how much he would cost but he would not break the bank. There is no way Fergie would spend 30 million or anything like that on a 30 year old, no resale value = dead money = bad business.

good god, richardson starting..... OH NO!!!

Really should have been fletcher instaead of him. Richardson offers nothing.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote:

ok....OH KAY! I KNOW!!

Rooney would have scored it anyway - Rich shouldn't be playing anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

:)

Tauren wrote:

Richardson is on instead of Giggs, I dont think Fletcher would make much of a left winger TBH.

Richardon isn't playing that bad, certainly the best performance I've seen from him in a United shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

What a bad result. I knew this game was going to be tough, but Manu played rubbish. We were lucky-ish during the week against Shefield United. I honestly thought if we'd won this then we have the league. Ronney was again brutal today, he was never in the game from the start. Ronaldo has been getting the goals and they have proved to be mostly winners. I dont know why he was playing on the left this evening. Ryan Giggs against portsmouth and again today against Boro proved that he is past it. Rubbish when he came, gave the ball away as usual :mad:

Chelsea win 2moro then its there title to lose in my view.

• Advertisement

Chelsea win 2moro then its there title to lose in my view.

Actually both teams have it within their own hands to win and lose. there is still some football to be played before anything is decided. It a fantastic climax to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Way to go United. Throwing it away. Superb.

Yes it is, but i think even though chelsea aren't playing great, there getting the results. I expect them to have a tough game 2moro.

I didn;t enjoy watching that game this evening, so frustrating at times. Anyone know what ferguson said after full-time?

Andy Gray is fool, he said straight away it was a peno, even after the replay showed O'Shea got a touch of the ball, he turns around and says he never touched it. Jamie Redknapp saw he got a touch and so did the millions watcing the replays. I hate Gray and Tyler. I love to see the likes of Gerry Armsrrong and Rob Palmer on, they call as they see it and aren;t afraid to voice there opinions even if they upset someone.

we're in big trouble now lads

the bad result and rio out for 2 weeks

suppose that injury could be worse

and vidic is starting training monday

i wonder what odds on newcastle getting a result:(

we may get help from the old enemy Arsenal in the following weeks

our goal difference is huge plus

buy im ****ting myself :o

i dont care about the champions league

can't let chelsea win another league title

can we get back any of our on-loan players like pique????

also why didnt rio go to ground when he was injured. the boro players might kick the ball out or his own team mates might kick it out ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

thought milan were losing 1-0 on calgari, but then realised that the Arab channel its on have there scores from right to left!

Ronaldo scored after 14mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

The Muppet wrote:
    Actually both teams have it within their own hands to win and lose. there is still some football to be played before anything is decided. It a fantastic climax to the season.

Great point there muppet lad. In both of their hands now. If you ask me it's United that have it tougher.

Man United run in
    Everton AWAY
    Man City AWAY
    Chelsea AWAY
    West Ham HOME
    Chelsea run in
    Newcastle AWAY
    Bolton Wanderers HOME
    Arsenal AWAY
    Man United HOME
    Everton HOME

Thats a another BIG blow rio out for 2 weeks. Im also sh**ing myself. I can't believe the injuries we have. I think SAF rushed rio back for this game cause he knew Viduka would be a handful. I expect SAF to now rush back Vidic for next weesk game agaisnt Everton. I'm not to confident about going to goodison and getting a win, they are aways tough at home.

Id say the neturals are loving this at the moment

Dun laoire wrote:

Man United run in
    Everton AWAY
    Man City AWAY
    Chelsea AWAY
    West Ham HOME
    Chelsea run in
    Bolton Wanderers HOME
    Arsenal AWAY
    Man United HOME
    Everton HOME

Man United run in
    Everton AWAY 3pts
    Man City AWAY 3pts
    Chelsea AWAY 1pt
    West Ham HOME 3pts
    Totol = 10
    Chelsea run in
    Newcastle AWAY 3pts
    Bolton Wanderers HOME 3pts
    Arsenal AWAY 1pt ?
    Man United HOME 1pt
    Everton HOM 3pts
    Total = 11pts

Premier League 2006/07
    Manchester United: 92
    Chelsea: 89

:D

that west ham game could be tricky
    it depends where west ham are

Man utd could be in be trouble

if west ham need to win it to stay up

and that everton match mg thats going to be hard there going for Europe

and not that worried about the city game

nobody answered my question can we not get pique back??

I dont think we cant and even we could i dont we need him to be honest. I think if Evra is back next week, then Heinze and Brown will play CB with O'Shea again at RB. I wouldnt be suprised to see Vidic back next week, desperate times call for desperate messaures and this is defo one of them.

• Advertisement

I doubt Pique has a recall, cause afaik Zaragoza paid for him, or made a weird deal or something.

Milan is going to be a really tough game now with our defense is such bad shape.

PHB wrote:
    Milan is going to be a really tough game now with our defense is such bad shape.

A welcome distraction in my view IF we can get a good result and play well, are confidence should be back for everton. I do agree its going to be very tough. I'm less confident now then last 2wks ago.

Ruud Van Niesltrooy scored a cracker of a goal ton ight. I was just wondering if anyone else thinks we miss Ruud? The one thing about him was he was always fit unlike Loui Sh*saha. I nevery liked him from day one and think he is over rated. A selfish player who runs with his head down always and is quite a poor finisher. The games he has played this season. I can't see SAF hanging on to him much longer, time to spend big on BIG nam stirker and another right side or left sided midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

United lucky to get the one point even, O Shea got none of the ball, Gook was in a good position, could have been off too. Second time in two weeks now that United have gotten away with it at OT.

Yep, no doubt about it, could easily have lost. That said, the goal they did score was when one of our players was limping, and if he wasn't, he probably would have cleared the ball.
    That said, Rooney should have had a peno against Sheff Utd, yet nobody goes on about that, gee, wonder why.

If we had Ruud, I don't think we'd be at the top of the league. I think Ruud would be top scorer, but I don't think we'd be top.
    Saha, if he can't get his fitness sorted, has to go. I've had a lot of patience, I really like him as a player, but if he can only contribute for half a season, he's useless to us.

PHB wrote:
    That said, Rooney should have had a peno against Sheff Utd, yet nobody goes on about that, gee, wonder why.

If we had Ruud, I don't think we'd be at the top of the league. I think Ruud would be top scorer, but I don't think we'd be top.
    Saha, if he can't get his fitness sorted, has to go. I've had a lot of patience, I really like him as a player, but if he can only contribute for half a season, he's useless to us.

I SAF has finally lost patience with Saha reading comments when he was asked about his fitness, there is now some talk that Manu might off load him to Spurs for Berbatov, but i can't see spurs selling him.

SAF said durning the week we was looking at a couple of signings for the summer. I think Manu have been slightly fortunate this season and next season could be different.

What about Darren Bent of Charlton? probably get him for £10,000,000

Obviously there is a need to strengthen, but I don't see the point in buying Bent or someone like that. It wouldn't be a huge improvement on Saha.
    Berbatov seems like a cracking player, but how likely is it he is going to leave Spurs after just one season?

I'd be happy with Saha is he could just stay fit, but he can't seem to, and I think you're right, I think Fergie might be losing patience with him.

I kinda hope we buy Tevez, think he's a cracking player.

If we got Tevez and Hargreaves this summer, I'd be pretty happy to be honest. Also, I wouldn't mind if he snapped up Saviola on a free.

In terms of leaving, I think Brown and Slyvestre should be sold. Bring back Pique as defensive cover.

If Heinze goes, he will go for about 8 million, and he can be replaced maybe by Bale. To be honest, he doesn't seem to be the player he once was.

If Saha goes, he needs to be replaced. His replacement has to be somebody who leads the line, holds up the ball, who provides an ariel presence, and gets his fair share of goals.
    This players aren't easy to come by.

I think in the premiership, only Drogba, Saha, and Berbatov can do that all very effectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Rumours are Berbatov with Saha as a sweetner, unless the deal is very favourable to Spurs, I can't see it happen.

Heinze when he first joined look like an old pro, and was quite similar to someone like Ayala, and seemed to have all the ability in the world to play anywhere in the back line, he's a diff player this season, and is lacking in confidence, I'd keep him though, let him get a proper pre-season into him.

PHB wrote:
    I kinda hope we buy Tevez, think he's a cracking player.
    I haven't seeing much of him this season, but he stands out when i have seeing him play.

PHB wrote:
    I'd be pretty happy to be honest. Also, I wouldn't mind if he snapped up Saviola on a free..
    What a great signing he would be on a free and would offer something different and allow rooney to play of the front.
    PHB wrote:
    In terms of leaving, I think Brown and Slyvestre should be sold. Bring back Pique as defensive cover.
    I think Silvestre is gone this summer, but id like to see brown stay. It will be interesting to see what SAF does with Pique and also Evans and Simpson who are both at sunderland.
    PHB wrote:
    If Heinze goes, he will go for about 8 million, and he can be replaced maybe by Bale. To be honest, he doesn't seem to be the player he once was.
    I actually think he has played well this season condsidering he was injured, rushed back for the world cup and straight into another season. Evra is first choice left back, but Heinze can play CB, which is good option. AC Tuesday, will see how he does then.

PHB wrote:
    I think in the premiership, only Drogba, Saha, and Berbatov can do that all very effectively.
    I watched Berbatov against Arsenal and he was very good again, but can'y myself see spurs selling him.

I just don't have any faith in Brown really.
    He has reached his peak, isn't going to cut out the errors in his game it would seem.
    I'd rather have a young player who will get better playing than a seasoned pro who has reached his peak, even if Brown is marginally better than Pique (although on this seasons form, I'm not so sure)

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    I just don't have any faith in Brown really.
    He has reached his peak, isn't going to cut out the errors in his game it would seem.
    I'd rather have a young player who will get better playing than a seasoned pro who has reached his peak, even if Brown is marginally better than Pique (although on this seasons form, I'm not so sure)

I agree , I,m not that keeen on Brown particuarly play at CB where any errror usually leads to a goal. He's better at RB IMO. He always gives 100 % but he is not first team material.

Advertisement