Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2007

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Man Utd had yet another resounding win, and as each week passes they can start to think about winning the league title.

The 12 remaining league games are as follows:

Man Utd v Charlton, 15:00
    Fulham v Man Utd, 12:45
    Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:45
    Man Utd v Bolton, 12:45
    Man Utd v Blackburn, 15:00
    Portsmouth v Man Utd, 17:15
    Man Utd v Sheff Utd, 20:00
    Chelsea v Man Utd, 13:30
    Man Utd v Middlesbrough, 15:00
    Everton v Man Utd, 12:00
    Man City v Man Utd, 15:00
    Man Utd v West Ham, 15:00

If we presume they dont blow up in the bread and butter matches, then with a 6 point lead it all depends on what happens at Liverpool and at Chelsea. Two draws in those matches, ie: 2 pts, or 3 pts (1 win, 1 loss), and that may be enough to see them home. They haven't hit a bad patch, and the displays of some of the players have been a great help.

Van Der Sar - usually safe
    The back four of Neville, Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra, safe and contributing in attack, overlapping full-backs, inside-'lapping' Evra, and Vidic's headers.
    Ronaldo in midfield has a better product this season, Giggs is as good as he ever was and is busy when in the centre, Scholes back to his best level, Carrick, does a simple job but does it well, Rooney, not brilliant at times but has very good moments, and Larsson has been a steal.

Lacking any major injuries has helped, and injuries, notably with Terry, have afflicted Chelsea. Also, having a great run in the league from the start and without an effective blip. Okay, two losses to Arsenal but there is no shame in that and the players weren't allowed to dwell on it.

My prediction at the start of the season was CMAL. A few weeks ago I adjusted that to MCAL and I'm staying with that for the moment.

Time will tell,

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My predictions.

Man Utd v Charlton, 15:00 WIN
    Fulham v Man Utd, 12:45 WIN
    Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:45 DRAW
    Man Utd v Bolton, 12:45 WIN
    Man Utd v Blackburn, 15:00 WIN
    Portsmouth v Man Utd, 17:15 WIN
    Man Utd v Sheff Utd, 20:00 WIN
    Chelsea v Man Utd, 13:30 LOSE
    Man Utd v Middlesbrough, 15:00 WIN
    Everton v Man Utd, 12:00 DRAW
    Man City v Man Utd, 15:00 DRAW
    Man Utd v West Ham, 15:00 WIN

Based on that, if chelsea won EVERY match, we'd lose the title by 3 points. However, i do reckon chelsea will drop points. I think it could come down to Goal Difference, with us winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

and if the player wants to go there is only so much Manchester United can do

Except put a massive price tag on him. You can say what you want about United, but when, bar once, have they ever sold a player they wanted to keep? If people want to get Ronaldo off United, I honastly believe they are going to have to bid in the region of 45-60 million pounds.

Once again in the CL, all I want, is to win a ****ing knockout tie. If we do that, I'll be happy :) Then again, I'd like to encounter Real or Barca and beat them as I think it would really help keep hold of Ronaldo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Great win for United yesterday!

Great all round performance, even John o shea was savage and apparently he wants half of VDS's clean sheet bonus.

I dont like hearing sh*t like this. i wish fat phil would keep his mouth shut!

in any case, Why would United sell ronaldo consiidering they have invested so much in him to become the player he is?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think those quotes were from before Christmas. Still didn't stop the Sun sh*tstirring and presenting them as todays news though. Wouldn't have anything to do with the Sun trying to unsettle the "winker" now would it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I see Boyle Sports have paid out on United winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

eirebhoy wrote:

Thats crazy. its possible that United could get a few injuries and lose 2 games and draw a few, and that Chelsea go on a really good run which they can. I doubt it if I'm being honest but its very possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Trilla wrote:
    Thats crazy. its possible that United could get a few injuries and lose 2 games and draw a few, and that Chelsea go on a really good run which they can. I doubt it if I'm being honest but its very possible.
    bookies are seldom wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Its a bit premature to be paying out alright but hey, its his money to play around with. ;)

As for the predictions above, mine would be similar but as other poster said I cant see chelski winning every game. They looked so impotent on Saturday against the second from bottom team and they goal they got was a fcuk up from Faye. They will come up against better teams and defences, especially away from home, and struggle to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

the bookies have done it for the publicity alone, thats all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

p_larkin99 wrote:
    well obviously yes but i see no reason why we can't go far in europe....we don't have the hardest draw and we're looking like we can match anyone. Ronaldo can take apart any full back he comes up against at the moment!
    the only thing that can go wrong is injuries but we had the chance to strengthen in January and ferguson obviously felt that we didn't need to

Well thats not true because when he has come up against real world class full backs he has been found wanting. Like against Eboue 2 weeks ago or A.Cole at Old Trafford. He can rip medicore defences apart which at the moment is good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Eboue hada good game against him, but all cole ever does is foul ronaldo.

Anyway.

Feb 6th, 1958. R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

The Busby Babes, Forever in our Hearts R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Flowers of Manchester

One cold and bitter Thursday in Munich, Germany,
    Eight great football stalwarts conceded victory,
    Eight men who will never play again who met destruction there,
    The flowers of English football, the flowers of Manchester

Matt Busby's boys were flying, returning from Belgrade,
    This great United family, all masters of their trade,
    The Pilot of the aircraft, the skipper Captain Thain,
    Three times they tried to take off and twice turned back again.

The third time down the runaway disaster followed close,
    There was a slush upon that runaway and the aircraft never rose,
    It ploughed into the marshy ground, it broke, it overturned.
    And eight of the team were killed as the blazing wreckage burned.

Roger Byrne and Tommy Taylor who were capped for England's side.
    And Ireland's Billy Whelan and England's Geoff Bent died,
    Mark Jones and Eddie Colman, and David Pegg also,
    They all lost their lives as it ploughed on through the snow.

Big Duncan he went to, with an injury to his frame,
    And Ireland's brave Jack Blanchflower will never play again,
    The great Sir Matt Busby lay there, the father of his team
    Three long months passed by before he walked again.

The trainer, coach and secretary, and a member of the crew,
    Also eight sporting journalists who with United flew,
    and one of them Big Swifty, who we'll ne'er forget,
    the finest English 'keeper that ever graced the net.

Oh, England's finest football team its record truly great,
    its proud successes mocked by a cruel turn of fate.
    Eight men will never play again, who met destruction there,
    the flowers of English football, the flowers of Manchester

http://www.munich58.co.uk/flowers/index.asp

A.Cole at Old Trafford

I thought Ronaldo did great against Cole, and Cole was lucky to stay on the pitch. Personally I think the reason Ronaldo didn't perform was because he wasn't getting boo'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

seansouth wrote:
    The Flowers of Manchester

One cold and bitter Thursday in Munich, Germany,
    Eight great football stalwarts conceded victory,
    Eight men who will never play again who met destruction there,
    The flowers of English football, the flowers of Manchester

http://www.munich58.co.uk/flowers/index.asp

R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

RIP Babes

eirebhoy wrote:

That doesnt seem so wise one would think. However, what's unclear is how much that payout is costing them in terms of their market. They know the cost and they are clearly getting something back from the publicity.

Also of note is that they have not lost all hope that Chelsea or someone else will win it, as they are still taking bets in the premiership market as follows:

Man United 2/7
    Chelsea 11/4
    Liverpool 66/1
    Arsenal 66/1

So whilst they are paying out, even they have doubts. Perhaps a discussion for the gambling forum.

Redsider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

redspider wrote:
    That doesnt seem so wise one would think. However, what's unclear is how much that payout is costing them in terms of their market. They know the cost and they are clearly getting something back from the publicity.
    €190k apparantly. I suppose it's worth it. It got a mention on "You're on Sky Sports" last night but they didn't name the bookies.

eirebhoy wrote:
    €190k apparantly. I suppose it's worth it. It got a mention on "You're on Sky Sports" last night but they didn't name the bookies.

190k? Rather them than me. Looks like an advertising gamble to me on their part, but then its not the first time that Bookies have taken a gamble themselves.

Sky have Skybet.com, so not surprising they didnt mention it. They are offering:

Man. Utd 2/7
    Chelsea 5/2
    Liverpool 66/1
    Arsenal 66/1

On a more serious note, today is the 49th anniversary of the Munich air disaster, I hadnt realised. Twenty-three died:

Geoff Bent
    Roger Byrne
    Eddie Colman
    Duncan Edwards
    Mark Jones
    David Pegg
    Tommy Taylor
    Liam Whelan
    Walter Crickmer
    Bert Whalley
    Tom Curry
    Alf Clarke
    Don Davies
    George Follows
    Tom Jackson
    Archie Ledbrooke
    Henry Rose
    Eric Thompson
    Frank Swift
    Kenneth Rayment
    Bela Miklos
    Willie Satinoff
    Tom Cable

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Some footage of Duncan Edwards here with comments by Sir Matt, Bobby Charlton, and Wilf McGuinness. What would he have been worth if he was playing today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FjTZ...related&search=

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

11/4 on Chelsea seems a pretty tasty bet to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

tdv wrote:
    Well thats not true because when he has come up against real world class full backs he has been found wanting. Like against Eboue 2 weeks ago or A.Cole at Old Trafford. He can rip medicore defences apart which at the moment is good enough

That's rubbish, as has already been said

whenever Ronaldo has played against Cole im pretty sure he's got the better of him nearly every time.

Eboue's pace gets him out of trouble a lot but i don't think you can name me a full back in the world who can cope with the way he's playing at the moment.

RIP the Babes of '58.

p_larkin99 wrote:
    That's rubbish, as has already been said

whenever Ronaldo has played against Cole im pretty sure he's got the better of him nearly every time.

Eboue's pace gets him out of trouble a lot but i don't think you can name me a full back in the world who can cope with the way he's playing at the moment.

RIP the Babes of '58.

this year against chelsea, he wasnt as effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Was watching a programme last night on TV3 (??) about the darkside of football and it had a very good piece on the munich crash. The survivors were very lucky. I can't believe after 3 failed attempts at take off that they went for it again. Awful trajedy. Liam Whelan was looking like a real star in the making for both United and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

event wrote:
    this year against chelsea, he wasnt as effective.

I think Cole was helped more by the way Chelsea play (more negative than Arsenal) but to say Ronaldo doesnt play as well against the "better" full backs is rubbish.

he's had blinding tournaments for his country too and thats on the biggest stage there is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

11/4 on Chelsea seems a pretty tasty bet to me.

while I wouldnt like betting against United it is some good odds on Chelsea considering United have to go there and Anfield

It's not that he doesn't play as well, it's just that they are good players and can't easily be destroyed by everybody else. I don't think his performance levels drop, it's just that he will be less effective, just like every other good player.

p_larkin99 wrote:
    I think Cole was helped more by the way Chelsea play (more negative than Arsenal) but to say Ronaldo doesnt play as well against the "better" full backs is rubbish.

he's had blinding tournaments for his country too and thats on the biggest stage there is!

is it rubbish?

tell us the world class full backs he has excelled against?

and he had an ok WC2006, he played against

angola(subbed after 59 minutes)
    Iran(played 90 minutes, scored)
    mexico(didnt play)
    holland(subbed after 34 mins)
    england(played 90 minutes)
    france(played 90 minutes)
    germany(played 90 minutes)

he didnt have one assist.
    So he scored against the might of Iran

not exactly "blinding"

im not against the chap, he is an excellent player, but still have yet to see him take apart a world class full back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

event wrote:
    is it rubbish?

tell us the world class full backs he has excelled against?

and he had an ok WC2006, he played against

angola(subbed after 59 minutes)
    Iran(played 90 minutes, scored)
    mexico(didnt play)
    holland(subbed after 34 mins)
    england(played 90 minutes)
    france(played 90 minutes)
    germany(played 90 minutes)

he didnt have one assist.
    So he scored against the might of Iran

not exactly "blinding"

im not against the chap, he is an excellent player, but still have yet to see him take apart a world class full back
    I'm not sure why you are listing how long he played in each game, he was subbed against Holand due to an awful tackle that was designed to take him out of the game. They saw him as the main threat for portugal, which he was imo.

Just beacuse he didn't set up any goals could mean that the strikers he is feeding aren't up to the task... I mean portugal don't excatly have many great strikers now do they!?

I think he played very well in the world cup and showed his ability ot perform under pressure (England penalty). His form since has been brilliant and I think he can play against any full back in the world and have the better of them.

sprinkles wrote:
    I'm not sure why you are listing how long he played in each game, he was subbed against Holand due to an awful tackle that was designed to take him out of the game. They saw him as the main threat for portugal, which he was imo.

Just beacuse he didn't set up any goals could mean that the strikers he is feeding aren't up to the task... I mean portugal don't excatly have many great strikers now do they!?

I think he played very well in the world cup and showed his ability ot perform under pressure (England penalty). His form since has been brilliant and I think he can play against any full back in the world and have the better of them.

well i was listing it as i wanted people to see how long he played, thats all
    i know he was injured against the dutch.
    and im sure teh reason he came off after 59 against angola was because the game was over, and they didnt need him against mexico

im not saying his form is bad or he is a bad player(as i have already stated), but im asking for evidence of the world class full backs he has excelled against

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

event wrote:
    well i was listing it as i wanted people to see how long he played, thats all
    i know he was injured against the dutch.
    and im sure teh reason he came off after 59 against angola was because the game was over, and they didnt need him against mexico

im not saying his form is bad or he is a bad player(as i have already stated), but im asking for evidence of the world class full backs he has excelled against

Why do you need evidence? the guy has scored 15 goals in the league and is probably among the contenders for player of the year alongside scholes and drogba.
    IMO he's the best player in the league this year, certainly as a supporter the most exciting to watch. Nearly every team in the league double marks him and he still manages to have a go in every game, a very brave player, never afraid to run with the ball and crucial to manU. As United fan it doesnt matter if people think he cant play well against the best, he still has to be marked and even then theres Scholes, Rooney, Saha, Giggs etc to do the business for us.

Why do you need evidence? the guy has scored 15 goals in the league and is probably among the contenders for player of the year alongside scholes and drogba.
    IMO he's the best player in the league this year, certainly as a supporter the most exciting to watch. Nearly every team in the league double marks him and he still manages to have a go in every game, a very brave player, never afraid to run with the ball and crucial to manU. As United fan it doesnt matter if people think he cant play well against the best, he still has to be marked and even then theres Scholes, Rooney, Saha, Giggs etc to do the business for us.

p_larkin99 said

but to say Ronaldo doesnt play as well against the "better" full backs is rubbish.

i was just asking him to back that up and show me where he has played as well against teh "better" or world class full backs, thats all

christ lads, dont get so defensive. For the third time, im not knocking the kid, he is a very, very good player, best winger in the league

I'm sorry, he was our best player against Chelsea in the 1-1 draw.
    He had a great game that day, and showed Ashley Cole up. Eventually he had to be taken off because Cole could only deal with him by kicking him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

IN fairness Lampard was outdone by the best player on the pitch that day and it was Scholes. Ronaldo was completely played out by Cole and he got frustrated and feigned injury. there was not a tap wrong with him he had just lost interest towards the end of the game. Im not an Ashley cole fan at all but he was the better of the two that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1899777,00.html

Ronaldo himself now concedes that his future at Man Utd is not secure.

What do Man Utd fans think? Should he be kept at United by all costs? My personal opinion is that I think should let him go if they got an offer in excess of £30M. There's no point in keeping him at the club against his will. I would however be disappointed with Ronaldo, especially after all Fergie did to protect him and keep him at the club. I think a ready made replacement could be found here!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Was just about to post that. I reckon that he'll definitely leave in the summer. Heard that he has a bit of an obsession with Real. I'd say that it's more likely that he'll go there but he might go to Barca if Ronnie leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Waster wrote:
    I'd say that it's more likely that he'll go there but he might go to Barca if Ronnie leaves.
    I don't think Barcelona could afford Ronaldo, certainly not if Real were in the bidding.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1899777,00.html

Ronaldo himself now concedes that his future at Man Utd is not secure.

What do Man Utd fans think? Should he be kept at United by all costs? My personal opinion is that I think should let him go if they got an offer in excess of £30M. There's no point in keeping him at the club against his will. I would however be disappointed with Ronaldo, especially after all Fergie did to protect him and keep him at the club. I think a ready made replacement could be found here!

has any one seen Nani play ,any good

if united get 45 million for him let him go

the lad is a great player but most of the time he's very frustrating to watch

united could do a part exchange plus cash

Xavier Hernández plus 25 cash for Ronaldo

that would make me happy

and buy a winger and a striker

maybe a striker like David Villa

david villa would probly be impossible to get
    but probly worth every penny

United will have a lot of money to spend in summer
    th 25 million united get every summer
    plus a bit of that tv money
    and finishing in top spot

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I have always doubted his loyalty. I have always doubted his ability. He is a selfish, spotlight seeking child. United are in a great position at the moment and he cant even keep his mouth shut about this transfer. Add to this his selfishness on the pitch, shooting from 40 yard freekicks in the 93rd minute, getting sent off against Benfica, constantly looking at the big screens to see how pretty he looks.

I say sell him in the summer when peoples perception of him is still high. Make an insane amount of money on him, spend it wisely. He is a big part of our team right now but he is not irreplaceable.

I have always doubted his loyalty. I have always doubted his ability. He is a selfish, spotlight seeking child. United are in a great position at the moment and he cant even keep his mouth shut about this transfer. Add to this his selfishness on the pitch, shooting from 40 yard freekicks in the 93rd minute, getting sent off against Benfica, constantly looking at the big screens to see how pretty he looks.

I say sell him in the summer when peoples perception of him is still high. Make an insane amount of money on him, spend it wisely. He is a big part of our team right now but he is not irreplaceable.
    all this reminds me of PATRICK VIEIRA situation at Arsenal
    every summer there were talk about him going

i find it laughable that all the united fans are saying they dont want a player that has no loyalty.

DO any of you wany owen hargreaves to sign?

I have supported Ronaldo in terms of his quality and potential but I will admit he frustrates me at times. yeah he gets hacked alot on the field but he is prone to the odd one or two dives per game which disappoints me. This transfer saga that surrounds him at the moment also torments me however I take everything I read in the papers/ on the net with salt and pepper big time.

He's a talented young player, and has the potential to be the best winger in the world without a doubt. But even though Jumpa let it all out there and it seems a bit over the top in that post, I find very little wrong with it tbh. Frustation on the pitch seems to be fading, but off the field its getting worse. Beckham gained a reputation for being a bit of a fancyboy with his perfect lifestyle, but he was nowhere near as bad as this....and Ronaldo is 21. I think if he does stay next season will be his last in an United jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

I have always doubted his loyalty.
    its like any kid in Ireland, they want to play for manU or liverpool. Iberian kids want to play for Real, Benfica or Barca.
    He is a big part of our team right now but he is not irreplaceable.
    agreed.
    I think he's been amazing this year (but only this year) and i'd like him to stay on and play for United for a few years more but if we can get 30m+ for him in the summer then i'd say sell now.

i dont think he has been frustrating to watch this year at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

its like any kid in Ireland, they want to play for manU or liverpool. Iberian kids want to play for Real, Benfica or Barca.

I can accept that. But this thing of dropping hints constantly is annoying. It reminds of Mourinho when he was sulking over December and January. He would make these generalised statements that would cause a frenzy becuase he knew it would.

He was instructed not to open his mouth about this transfer by his manager but yet he continues to say things like "i dont know where ill be in 6 months". Fact is, he is a united player right now and he needs to get his head down and focus on winning the league.

Instead of dragging all this unwanted attention to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

He said it last summer and now hes at it again. His agent meets up with Beguristain of Barca.

For those of you old enough to remember, back in 1985 United were heading towards their first title in years and word leaked out that Sparky was off to Barca in the summer. United finished fourth.

Hopefully this is put to bed by Fergie quickly so he can get on with his on-field displays and help United to the title.

Then during the summer milk the market for all its worth and screw Barca or Real for him.

Look, all this Ronaldo crap is irrelevent. Like, the biggest story they had was that Scolari wanted him to come, but it turns out, they completely made it up. Until I see Ronaldo say these words, 'I want to leave', I assume he is staying at United. Ronaldo is always going to leave United. Just like Alonso is always going to leave Liverpool. Just like Fabregas is always going to leave Arsenal. The only question is, how long can you keep them for and what can you get from them when they want to return? Currently, I think we might lose him this summer if we get an offer of about 45 million sterling. If we don't get an offer that high, we'll keep him for another season. I myself expect him to sign another contract before or during next summer, just a hunch I have. I think he is wary about tieing himself to United, incase Fergie is leaving this summer imo. If Fergie stays on for another year, I think Ronaldo will stay with him. If Fergie leaves, then I think Ronny will leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

If Ronaldo leaves I will be inconsolable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

event wrote:
    p_larkin99 said

but to say Ronaldo doesnt play as well against the "better" full backs is rubbish.

i was just asking him to back that up and show me where he has played as well against teh "better" or world class full backs, thats all

christ lads, dont get so defensive. For the third time, im not knocking the kid, he is a very, very good player, best winger in the league

Event: I agree as a Manu supporter as a Ronaldo Fan that he was poor against Ashley Cole and Gael Clichy in both games. The difference is that they are both fast runners no more ( but i think all they did was kick him ) how many times do you see Ashley Cole go to Ground when he makes a tackle. Whats that say?
    I think Ronaldo has been the best winger in the premership this season by a mile and you can't argue with that ( Event ) he has scored 15goals and has won utd many games on his almost. I hope to see Paul Scholes get PFA award because i think he's been Manutd best player this season along with Ronaldo and Vidic.

If Barca or Real make if known in the summer they want Ronaldo then he will go as he doesn't want to stay and if he did then why no come out and say "i want to stay at Manutd".

There is no chance of David Villa coming to Manu if anyone will sign him this summer its going to be Real Madrid.

Nani is a good prospect but his best position is Midfield and not wide left or wide right. It might work for the first season, but he will start to moan after a a while and look for a move.

• Advertisement
Advertisement