Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only one having major problems with Digiweb?

Options
  • 05-01-2007 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Is their anyone else having major problems with Digiweb? My main gripe is with the phoneline they provide alongside their broadband as we havent been using the broadband all that much since it was installed. The phoneline is always dropping and often cuts out after a few minutes. We took the package on the basis that it had a 'working' phoneline so that we wouldnt have to deal with the eircoms of this world. When I contacted Digiweb they just said that the phonline was only a supplementary feature!! And they wouldnt do anything for us - surely this cannot be right if a company sells a package surely it must provide what they say it does i.e. broadband and a phoneline. Anyone else had any problems - maybe its just the location im in which is Dublin 9 by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

Yip, I've had problems with the Digiweb phone service in the last couple of months and I'm just about ready to give up on them......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Have you checked recently?
    It's OK here in Limerick.

We've been checking every day now....the fault is still there. It mainly appears from 6.30pm to 9pm (the phone service is working perfectly this morning), so I'm guessing that Digiweb have under-dimensioned their phone call server and at peak call times their system just locks out call attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

taung wrote:
    We've been checking every day now....the fault is still there. It mainly appears from 6.30pm to 9pm (the phone service is working perfectly this morning), so I'm guessing that Digiweb have under-dimensioned their phone call server and at peak call times their system just locks out call attempts.

Where are you based - currently considering their service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

I've been with Digiweb since they started offering broadband.

They're a bunch of idiots. Lost our account for nigh on 8 months, then chose to charge us in full, all at once, without notice. And tried to charge us the original price (which was obviously more expensive 3 yrs ago) on current billings, plus the 8months they 'forgot' about us.

I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole. unless it had barbs covered in rat poison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Not impressed with metro so far. I recieved a bill this week from Jan the 3rd, they forgot however to mention to me on the 3rd that the connection had been setup. The engineer was out in December and installed everything, he said customer support would phone me when it was ready to go.

The VOIP does not seem to work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

:mad: yeah i've had lots of probs.it was brill 4 the first month r so then i was having constant disconnects but still good speeds and pings.
    that stopped all of a sudden after 4-5 weeks.
    then speeds dropped and pings shot up very high (average max pause 200-400ms on irishisptest)
    meanwhile having worn the batteries out on my keyboard(from unanswered e-mails) and spent a forture on credit being on hold and talking to people that say nothing wrong with my conn.
    then one night about 12 my modem re-booted and for a week i had perfect speeds and pings day and night.
    :mad: :(:( then it just stopped working and i had 2 engineers out and they said it was the modem.so they replaced it.speeds where ok when they left(1pm) but not as good as they where the good week i had recently.they had 2 activate new modem via digi office so whatever had made my coon good 4 the week was undone by that.
    SO IF YOUR SILL AWAKE READING THIS the same thing happenrd last night modem died.i noticed the Initial DS frequency had changed in the modem settings.it not setting right number so it wont boot lucky 4 me i had noticed what it was yesterday so i'm back running but browsing is all its good 4 at these pings and speeds.
    lol nice work digiweb engineers.
    END OF RANT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭persian

game4it70 wrote:
    :mad: yeah i've had lots of probs.it was brill 4 the first month r so then i was having constant disconnects but still good speeds and pings.
    that stopped all of a sudden after 4-5 weeks.
    then speeds dropped and pings shot up very high (average max pause 200-400ms on irishisptest)
    meanwhile having worn the batteries out on my keyboard(from unanswered e-mails) and spent a forture on credit being on hold and talking to people that say nothing wrong with my conn.
    then one night about 12 my modem re-booted and for a week i had perfect speeds and pings day and night.
    :mad: :(:( then it just stopped working and i had 2 engineers out and they said it was the modem.so they replaced it.speeds where ok when they left(1pm) but not as good as they where the good week i had recently.they had 2 activate new modem via digi office so whatever had made my coon good 4 the week was undone by that.
    SO IF YOUR SILL AWAKE READING THIS the same thing happenrd last night modem died.i noticed the Initial DS frequency had changed in the modem settings.it not setting right number so it wont boot lucky 4 me i had noticed what it was yesterday so i'm back running but browsing is all its good 4 at these pings and speeds.
    lol nice work digiweb engineers.
    END OF RANT.
    Exactly the same happened to me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'm beginning to think I might just cancel it now and stick with their adsl service, which has been good enough up untill now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

At least you guys have the option to cancel. Its the only broadband I can get where I am.
    They are terrible for contention. Absolutely woeful at peak hours. The only real usable time is between 3am-3pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

sham1976 wrote:
    The phoneline is always dropping and often cuts out after a few minutes.

So does this problem only occur when people are using the DSL and voice service at the same time or does it make no difference at all?

Seems a few people are seeing this problem but would anyone knows if it purely isolated to Digiweb DSL customers? Personally I doubt this TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Has everyone that has had a problem in this thread contacted support? What did they say?

I'm having the problems with their Wireless Broadband service, not DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

i'm also on wireless metro.
    latest update is rang service last friday have to wait till this friday for another callout.
    lol it i'm getting modem to work if i cold boot it but I'VE BEEN TRYING SINCE 9AM TILL NOW to get it to work.
    speeds and pings useless anyway.this cannont be a contention issue as its the same all times of the day and only slightly worse at peak times.

Advertisement