Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghost Riding the Whip

• 05-01-2007 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

ABC News
    Has anyone else heard of this?
    Ghost riding involves leaving the wheel of a moving car and walking, running, or dancing beside it.

Fox News showed a few of the videos last night. Some really stupid people out there.
    One clip I seen had a guy get out of his truck, stand on the bonnet, do a little dance and hit a tree :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

"First thing a parent should say to their kid is, 'Don't participate in that activity,'" said Mark Helms, the assistant chief of the Stockton, Calif., police department. "It's extremely dangerous."

Quote of the year.. :rolleyes:

Don't really care if they want to do it in deserted parking lots etc, I mean the herd could probably do without these few morons. I do, however, become concerned when they take the activity to the public roads.

Down with this sort of thing :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Let them do what they want to themselves. It's not like the gene pool will miss their contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

connundrum wrote:
    Down with this sort of thing:mad:
    Careful now!

You mean this?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

that is the video I seen. pretty sure he was the guy doing a dance on the bonnet. Must have been a different video. Fox put a few of them up last night.
    It is just looking to be sent to an early grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

darwin at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I can see the 2007 Darwin Award Winner already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

6th wrote:
    I can see the 2007 Darwin Award Winner already.
    Think there could be a few aiming for the top spot. All will have tyre marks across their face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Totally extreme. You can't handle that shizz. :rolleyes:

Morons

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

connundrum wrote:
    Don't really care if they want to do it in deserted parking lots etc,
    Invite friends with their cars. Puts a whole new spin on bumper cars (often found at amusement parks)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i wouldnt give a **** about the idiots doing it and what happens to them. it is the innocent public that are in the way of this stupid ****

mandatory jail time for anyone caught

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

OMG - that looks like soooo much fun!

BRB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.. oh wait wait wait.. ha ha ha ha ha!!

I thought these 'stunts' were supposed to be done at high speed though? :confused:

Edit - Just saw this, and..
    Plug wrote:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.. oh wait wait wait.. ha ha ha ha ha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

Absolute Gob-s hites is all's I will say. The mind boggles at these W ankers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Any clowns that participate in this deserve whatever they get, be it a crashed car or them falling under it and having their skulls driven over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Ghost riding is an updated version of car surfing, which has been going on for decades and has killed young people across the country.
    Just love that its been around for decades and has killed...well not even into the hundreds from the looks of that. Yet they are still harping on about it. Any idiot dumb enough to do something like that has already signed their claim waiver imo.

"You did what?? And you expect to sue??"

How stupid can you get!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

This one is funny. Might be fake though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okVsPVJvVpY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Hobbes wrote:
    This one is funny. Might be fake though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okVsPVJvVpY
    it was posted before by "smellyirishman".

This is what can happen when Ghostriding goes wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

rb_ie wrote:

OUCH :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Spanky-s wrote:
    OUCH :eek::eek:
    Yeah, talk about a freak accident. I wonder did it kill him, I would have presumed that it would have snapped his neck but going by the comments on the page hes still kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

rb_ie wrote:

That looks awful. That guy is lucky he isn't a ghost for real. Presuming he lived that is.

Advertisement