Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to buy for 5-6k

Options
  • 05-01-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

what car would people suggest for around 5k-6k? i was thinking along the lines of a focus. anyone got any other suggestions? dont want it to be older that a 99 or bigger engine that 1.6.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There are so many cars available at that price that would meet your criteria. My advice would be to see and drive as wide a range as possible. At going on for 8 years old, the condition of a car is often more important than the make. I wouldn't even bother with anything that doesn't have a full, verifiable service history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I got one of these a month ago, absoulutly love it. Great, fun relaible cars to drive and usually have lots of extras. They will go for ever as well. Plus you will have a lot of change left over. this is the first I picked out, im sure you could find better prices etc

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=526821

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

If you want a comfortable practical car with lots of space and great handling go for a Mondeo. You should pick up at 00+ with extras for that money. Hasstle free and cheap to fix should anything go wrong.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I got one of these a month ago, absoulutly love it. Great, fun relaible cars to drive and usually have lots of extras. They will go for ever as well. Plus you will have a lot of change left over. this is the first I picked out, im sure you could find better prices etc

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=526821

Funnily i've got a similar budget and seen that car on carzone. Do people think it's over priced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

wingnut wrote:
    If you want a comfortable practical car with lots of space and great handling go for a Mondeo. You should pick up at 00+ with extras for that money. Hasstle free and cheap to fix should anything go wrong.
    All 00+ Mondeos are a minimum of 1.8l.
    The OP does not want to go above 1.6l.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

kikel wrote:
    Funnily i've got a similar budget and seen that car on carzone. Do people think it's over priced?

maybe just a little, but not to much. Have you driven one? Cant recommend it enough.

I bought mine privately, 96 with 55k genuine miles with fsh, esr, em, alarm, ac cd player etc and it cost me 2100euro. And its a minter. Seen it in the buy and sell. You will get a lovely one for about 3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

gary or anyone.

what year did they stop making them 323fs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

gyppo wrote:
    All 00+ Mondeos are a minimum of 1.8l.
    The OP does not want to go above 1.6l.

True, go for the 00. That money should get you one with lowish miles c. 60000 and ABS/AirCon/Alloys in a 1.6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

green123 wrote:
    gary or anyone.

I think that the newer station-wagon looking one came out in 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

green123 wrote:
    gary or anyone.

The coupe type 323f was made from 1994 - 1998. Available in 1.5, 1.8 and 2.0 V6 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

maybe just a little, but not to much. Have you driven one? Cant recommend it enough.

I bought mine privately, 96 with 55k genuine miles with fsh, esr, em, alarm, ac cd player etc and it cost me 2100euro. And its a minter. Seen it in the buy and sell. You will get a lovely one for about 3k.

3k would be a nice amount to spend as i new the cash from the sale of my other car for other projects. I'll check out Buy and Sell

Advertisement