Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Beauty - The Everyman Palace

Options
  • 05-01-2007 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Comps of RedFM I went to Sleeping Beauty with herself last night (She's Polish, and has never seen a Panto). We were laughing from start to finish, there's all the usual "He's behind you" audience participation, but the crew really went out of their way to involve the audience.

Stars included Neil Prendiville (Who sang Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire), Frank from Bosco who looks like he's on heroin these days - but still put in a top notch performance. The soudtrack was insane, everything from Robbie Williams, to Johnny Cash, the Sugababes - every effort was made to connect with the modern kids present. The adult jokes were hysterical, and at times a bit risque, plenty of Cork humour - God help anyone who wasn't from Cork, they'd have never understood. Even Keano got a look in.

And on top of all that, I'd forgotten how much I like the Everyman as a venue. Very old world, and filled me with a bit of Nostalgia remembering it as The Palace Cinema where I saw my first movie.

Highly recommended!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

sounds good... but if I live to be 1000 I'll hope I never have to listen to that insufferable knobend Prenderville butchering a Johnny Cash song.

Advertisement