Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any able to contact BT Cust Care over past 3 days??

Options
  • 05-01-2007 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Had to reset my modem and I can't remember my BT username or password.
    Each time I call through broadband support via 1904, it give a message saying that long delays are expected.
    Haven't got through, and have been on hold for yonks at a time and just can't spend my day on the damn phone! And now I'll have no web for the weekend :( (writing this in work btw)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Nope no joy either, I'm beginning to doubt that they actually have any "helpdesk agents"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Nope. Even tried to ring the sales number to see if the was anyone there and if they could transfer me but no joy there either. The whole company must have done a legger or an irate customer who had enough killed the whole useless shower of them.

Here is email i wrote to them yesterday, for all the good it will do.

To whom it may concern,

Firstly, I want to complain about the absolute farce of a "Customer Care" phone service you supposedly provide. After being on hold for three different periods today, 20mins, 30mins and 46mins respectively I have to resort to sending an email. I do so with hesitation as previous email enquiries have been un-answered. So this may in fact be a few more wasted minutes for me but at least its cathartic to voice my rage and despair.

I attempted to use you're website to contact the support team but surprise, surprise the web pages to send an email could not be found. Only a google search would reveal the required email address\junk email folder.

All in all a pathetic Customer "Service" experience.

So now on to my problem that will probably not even be acknowledged let alone fixed even though once upon a time many moons ago when i actually managed to get to talk to someone in "Customer Care" they said it would be done in a week....

My phone number is ex-directory and is not being displayed on the recipients handset: landline or mobile. I had previously asked for it to be changed so that my number would be displayed while remaining ex-directory.
    So if someone in the Never Never Land of BT Ireland "Customer Service" actually gets this email could you please respond as I feel like some one in the SETI research program trying to find intelligent like in the multitude of stars in the cosmos. The difference being SETI might actually make contact.

Sincerely in vain hope,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Customer Number (but not a valued one by the look of things): xxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

So without wanting to ask an overly-obvious question, you guys would advise avoiding BT for broadband?

I was considering dropping NTL in favour of BT (cos don't want to have to pay for TV)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

I placed an order with BT for my parents a week ago, got an email back saying there was a problem and they'd be in touch. Nothing since then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

bt broadband is great if you have no problems. but when you need to contact customer care forget it. its like trying to get through to george bush. they reply sometimes depends on what humor they in if you leave your name and number but the queue buster system is a joke really. and if you have any bill queries well dont expect them to be sorted quickly. they seriously need to up their game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Was on hold for 45mins this morning, and now had to hang up after 1hr and 45mins!!!!!

F**king ridiculous. I'll probably have to go in to BT Hq covered in petrol and with a match to get some attention. Anyone want to join me?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Great to see all those improvements they promised last year kicking in!! And this is a multinational we are talking about here?????????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No worries lads. BT have a major recruitment campaign underway to beef their staff up as we speak :p

http://www.irishjobs.ie/JobDesc.asp?ID=2994545&MID=3083

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote:
    No worries lads. BT have a major recruitment campaign underway to beef their staff up as we speak :p

http://www.irishjobs.ie/JobDesc.asp?ID=2994545&MID=3083

Do many people look for jobs over Christmas and the New Year?
    Date added by recruiter: 22/12/2006
    Closing date for the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland is December 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

Here's a story....we've been waiting to get connected to BT broadband and talk since October. Apparently Eircom have been holding it up for some of it....which I could well believe. Comreg believe it too.

But aside from that, the sheer incompetence of the staff is staggering. They tell you that you'll be connected on a certain date which goes by along with another month. The first company to assign customers to one member of staff so that you don't need to constantly explain your situation will get my money.

You may ask....why did we wait so long? The think is all the other companies are just as bad and once you wait a month you've put in too much time to change by then.
    I've made complaints to them, but what difference will it make. You're only one customer out of thousands.

I only pray that the service will be adequate when we finally get it next week....or so I'm told.

Oh yeah and we wanted the €54 package but we got the €45 one. Another phone call to customer care.

To the thread starter: I use the Queue Buster service which usually kicks in after half an hour. Most of the time I get a call back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement