Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family guy season 5

• 05-01-2007 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    Ive been watching this , about halfway through the DVDs now
    and i must say im pretty dissapointed, not as good as it used to be
    season 1,2 and 3 were the best, 4 very good, but 5 --- apart from 1 or 2 eps so
    far is pretty laughless....

pity .. doesn't bode well for future episodes .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

actually you are watching season 4, they just split it in half and to increase DVd sales, you have season 4 part II

I liked it i love family guy and i just love watching it when it comes out its the hilight of my monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Defiantely agree with OP, just not as good as it was. Ya can get so bored so quickly. Extending all the musical scenes...that arent even funny in the first place is a big problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

all i'd say is that it's turning into the simpsons and doing so fast.

it used to be one of my top two tv shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I know this is going to seem like I think Family Guy can do no wrong - which may be slightly true but it's just that whatever Stewie says I find it funny. I don't know why...it's just the way the person who does his voice says stuff...I always find it hilarious. And moments from season 5 (or season 4 part 2 - whatever) like where Peter took a dump off the bridge and hit Lois' care. Then you see Stewie in the corner shaking; "Don't turn on the windscreen wipers, it just makes it worse". That's hilarious to me!

And it's not only Stewie moments that were funny but I agree - it's turning into what the Simpsons has become. But I still thought that Season 5 wasn't bad. But in comparision with the first 3 seasons...it's got nothing on them. It's also strange because I thought the first part of season 4 was excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

seasons 1-3 were fantastic, I hated season 4, and I love season 5. The callback to Peter hurting his knee was fantastic "sssssssss.... aaaaaaaaah"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

American Dad ftw :)

Nah, huge FG fan, have 1-3 on dvd and just haven't gotten around to watching s04 part II fully on dvd yet.
    But from what I have seen and heard, very very good.

And moments from season 5 (or season 4 part 2 - whatever) like where Peter took a dump off the bridge and hit Lois' care. Then you see Stewie in the corner shaking; "Don't turn on the windscreen wipers, it just makes it worse". That's hilarious to me!

What else happens in this episode? also what disc is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Ah Family Guy is still very good but like anything the more you see of something the less effect it will have. You become de-sensitized to it and and more in tune with the style and timing of the gags. The way to watch the later series of Family Guy is to have the *'lads'* round with a few tins.

*lads* is used as an umbrella term that refers to friends male or female that enjoy Family Guy. Dont wanna offend.

Ah Family Guy is still very good but like anything the more you see of something the less effect it will have. You become de-sensitized to it and and more in tune with the style and timing of the gags. The way to watch the later series of Family Guy is to have the *'lads'* round with a few tins.

*lads* is used as an umbrella term that refers to friends male or female that enjoy Family Guy. Dont wanna offend.
    i have seasons 1-3 on dvd, and i must have watched each episode at least 10 times and tbh, i still crack myself laughing watching these.

i do the same with season 4 and it just doesn't happen, it's too random and too boring.

although the show is funny i agree with cartman though

"When I make jokes they are inherent to a story! Deep situational and emotional jokes based on what is relevant and has a point, not just one random interchangeable joke after another!"

family guy has gone totally overboard with these random interchangeable jokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

User45701 wrote:

I think it's 'PTV'. Can't really remember though. To be honest I've only watched season 5 twice, unlike season 1-3 where I know the whole episodes off by heart :rolleyes:

Anyway, that is the first episode of season 5 (to us, anyway) and begins with the Osama Bin Laden joke (where he's in a random cave doing a video message to America or whatever) which is hilarious I think! And then Stewie comes in and beats him up! Anyway, the main story of that episode is that the FCC censors televesion so much that Peter sets up his own television show (PTV) and one of the shows on it is Douchebag which is a joke on Jackass. And on it Peter takes a dump from a bridge and it lands on their car (with Lois and Stewie in it). And thats where the bit with Stewie traumatised comes in!

Yeah, I think it was PTV!

Cremo wrote:
    i have seasons 1-3 on dvd, and i must have watched each episode at least 10 times and tbh, i still crack myself laughing watching these.

i do the same with season 4 and it just doesn't happen, it's too random and too boring.

although the show is funny i agree with cartman though

"When I make jokes they are inherent to a story! Deep situational and emotional jokes based on what is relevant and has a point, not just one random interchangeable joke after another!"

family guy has gone totally overboard with these random interchangeable jokes

Yeah, that's where family guy has changed from season 3 - it's not as clever as it used to be. To me, it's still funny because I love random jokes. Randomness cracks me up...but that's probably why it's not as popular. The whole "remember the time..." or "just like the time when Peter..." gets kind of annoying in the newer episodes though. They obviously have a set amount of jokes (that sometimes arent funny depending on the randomness me thinks) and just build an episode around them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I thought the bit with Cool Aid was fantastic

"y'know, from the other side it's not that funny..."

ive seen PTV countless times but dont remember that bit is it possible that Eurpe gets a different version than my cousins?

BTW i do own seasons 1-3 on DVD i have not bought season 4 because they are charging me double if i ever see it 2 for the price of 1 i will buy then because its one season not 2

i belive strongly in buying dvds of shows i like that have been canned and i own countless movies on dvd and other shows im most happy to own family guy season 1-3 tho because dvd sales of those is what got a 4th season and i also have firefly complete ofcoarse

sry about that rant just making it clear that i do pay for the product unless i am being cheated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

Having seen most of the new Season 5 episodes I think Family Guy's really run its course, the last 4 or 5 I watched barely even raised a chuckle. The cynical nastiness and vapidity of a lot of the humour really becomes more apparent when it's not actually making you laugh. I didn't used to mind the constant movie and pop culture references because they at least made an effort with them but they mostly just feel like obligatory filler material now. All that said, I haven't watched any of the old episodes in a long time so I'm not totally sure whether I've just got sick of their style of humour or if it's just really gone downhill (though I suspect the latter).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

User45701 wrote:

PTV

Season 5 , Disc 1 , first episode !!!

And a very good ep at that !!..

I went on to the last disc last night and there has been an improvement i must
    say... but don't get me wrong even a "bad" episode of FG still has it's moments
    but yeah i agree that the songs are getting way too long..

jackdaw wrote:
    PTV

Season 5 , Disc 1 , first episode !!!

And a very good ep at that !!..

I went on to the last disc last night and there has been an improvement i must
    say... but don't get me wrong even a "bad" episode of FG still has it's moments
    but yeah i agree that the songs are getting way too long..

Interesting. Very interesting i think that the European DVD release has extra scenes or else different scenes...

anyway i found it

An extended scene on the Volume 4 DVD includes a parody of the TV show Jackass. The show, entitled Douchebags, shows Cleveland daring Peter to poop off of a highway overpass.

roflcopter.

8 episodes into season4 part two, and as funny as ever imo. One or two jokes/monologues do go on for a bit but for me, thats what makes family guy so brilliant.

I just finished season 5 (well 4 pt 2) and the last few eps were
    quite funny ...

I loved when they were in the panic room and about to drown and Peter
    says.
    "I didn't care much for the Godfather" .....

"It insists upon itself Lois.... It insists upon itself" ....
    :D
    :D:D:D:D

jackdaw wrote:
    I just finished season 5 (well 4 pt 2) and the last few eps were
    quite funny ...

I loved when they were in the panic room and about to drown and Peter
    says.
    "I didn't care much for the Godfather" .....

"It insists upon itself Lois.... It insists upon itself" ....
    :D
    :D:D:D:D

Actually talking about that episode here is something very interesting remember the last scene when meg is getting taken away from the house by cops?
    What does peter say?
    There where 2 different "versions" from the cousins

1: Peter: "Make fun at the dance meg, I hope she does that did relay deserves it"

2. Peter: "Make fun at the dance meg, I hope she DIES that did relay deserves it"

and there are defiantly 2 different versions ive heard them both and they both say different things...

interesting ...
    Are they still making FG ? I presume they are and season "6" (5 pt1) will be
    out on DVD soon....

User45701 wrote:
    Actually talking about that episode here is something very interesting remember the last scene when meg is getting taken away from the house by cops?
    What does peter say?
    There where 2 different "versions" from the cousins

1: Peter: "Make fun at the dance meg, I hope she does that did relay deserves it"

2. Peter: "Make fun at the dance meg, I hope she DIES that did relay deserves it"

and there are defiantly 2 different versions ive heard them both and they both say different things...

Well, I can confirm it's #1 on the R2 dvd set. Just check there.

season4 part deux is very very good, as good as previous seasons but I did find some episodes were not the best and I'd rate them lower than lesser epiosdes in previous seasons.

"..like I'm going to get up and walk to the bathroom Lois...pain in the ass.."

Roll on season5!

• Advertisement

'nother quick question wrt PTV

You know, you're lucky you're good at (bleep) my (bleep) or I'd never put up with you.

You know what I'm talking about, when you (bleep) a lubed up (bleep) of toothpaste in my (bleep) while you (bleep) on a cherry (bleep) Episcopalian (bleep) extension cord (bleep) wetness (bleep) with a parking ticket.

Anybody have the uncensored text of that [aside from the obvious first line :)]? I prolly could try make it out from the dvd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 humphty

I know this is going to seem like I think Family Guy can do no wrong - which may be slightly true but it's just that whatever Stewie says I find it funny. I don't know why...it's just the way the person who does his voice says stuff...I always find it hilarious. And moments from season 5 (or season 4 part 2 - whatever) like where Peter took a dump off the bridge and hit Lois' care. Then you see Stewie in the corner shaking; "Don't turn on the windscreen wipers, it just makes it worse". That's hilarious to me!

I have to agree with that Stewie is damn brilliant!
    Its odd but my favourite stewie line is in season four (i think) where hes presenting an award, slaps Justin Timberlake across the face with it and then goes "The winner is Nelly. Thats Nelly"
    roflotz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

I don't think it has gone downhill at all. I still find it quite enjoyable.

Brian017 wrote:
    I don't think it has gone downhill at all. I still find it quite enjoyable.

As do I

Next episode: Peter's Two Dads
    After Peters dad, Francis, dies, Thelma tells him that his real father actually lives in Ireland. So Peter and Brian decide to head there in search of his father, who ends up being the town drunk. They decide to play a drinking game to prove his paternity. Meanwhile, Stewie acts out and Lois spanks him. Realizing that he likes being spanked, Stewie does whatever he can to get into trouble.

With story's like that how can you say family guy is going downhill?

i have to admit, i just watched 509 there "Road to Rupert" and it actually was quite enjoyable could the show be making a comeback?

after the description for the next episode i think i can say yes.

no the bit at the end with the car was better :)

Advertisement