Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMS + Dreamweaver

Options
  • 05-01-2007 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Does anybody know if there is any CMSs out there that accept Dreamweaver templates ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Arch-Stanton

The answer to your question could be both yes and no.

Most CMS’s use a system template, however, this template is made up of code calling certain aspects of the page, like the header, footer, body, navigation etc. So you could break up your dreamweaver template and get the system to call it that way, in this case the answer would be yes.

If you mean "could you drop a html dreamweaver template directly into a CMS template system". The answer is probably no.

Personally I use Joomla, and there is an extension for dreamweaver to allow you to create and modify templates directly in dreamweaver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭delanest

thanks for that, just did a google search and see a few, which one do you use, the one I see here looks like an older one for mambo but it says it works for Joomla too, do you use the mini-server too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Arch-Stanton

http://joomlathemes.org/

clicl on the icon on the left for dreamweaver mx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭delanest

Cheers, installed it, made a sample template, uploaded it to my server (eventually, issues with file names etc ..:mad: ) ... all good -thanks for the advice ... ;)

for anyone else trying this, there is a good tutorial here ...

http://www.mambosolutions.com/dw_tutorial/

Advertisement