Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

site insurance - shell build?

Options
  • 05-01-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi all

We're currently building using a general builder to carry out a shell build under a building contract, for which insurance cover is in place under the builder's policy.

I've got a question about what happens when this completes and we need to get companies in to finish off - e.g. tiling, 2nd fix electrical and so on - or when we have to get preparatory work done during the build which is not part of the building contract. We also need to get liability/theft cover in place.

We're having major difficulty getting suitable cover - as the only options seem to be "green field" insurance which you can only take out before you turn a spade or "renovation" insurance which seems to have a large amount of coverage that we don't need - e.g. during demolition.

I can't imagine that this is a problem that hasn't been encountered before - perhaps by a specific form of buildings cover. Any ideas/recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

hi
    you can try campion insurance in urlingford they should be able
    to look after you. for your info my insurance (from Green Field site) cost approx 1euro per square foot

let us know how you get on

Advertisement