Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Belfast City

Options
  • 05-01-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I am moving to belfast in a number of months, was just wondering where the best places are near the city centre for living?

i have heard so far of ormeau road, and straunmills?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Malone is nice or Botanic, anywhere south really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

What has you moving up here ??

Those areas are all nice pricey but nice a lot depends on whether your buying or renting.

I would say anywhere in Belfast is fine I live I East Belfast near the Short Strand , which i find fine because I like Murals and Pitbulls...

However that is just my area. A few streets down are areas like the Malone road and the upper Newtonards road which are lovely.

Your best bet is to take a trip up here and have a nosey around. July is a good month to do so as the real dodgy areas just scream their warnings around then :-).

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Just dont come up with anything highlightin us as Irish or British in July :rolleyes: I usually mark the 12th July by stickin on my Ireland or Celtic top since everywhere is bloody closed and I'll be stuck in the house anyhow watchin the riots on TV :p But yeah, would be the best time to spot the problem area's. If ya get past all the idiots walkin on the roads... wat think footpaths made for :D and the barriers blockin the roads :rolleyes:

Advertisement