Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starfighters - The Praetorian Issue

• 05-01-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

I Think it could be interesting but its been about 2 years since i first heard of this show and nothing yet. I'm posting because i am in work and don't have time to look around sites also i know ill forgot by the time i get home. I was hopeing one of you could let me know if there is any development on this show because i remember it all the time when i am busy and i always forget when i have free time :(

Offical Site - http://www.starfighters-pi.com/

Story -

In 44 BC, on the Ides of March, Gaius Julius Caesar was assassinated! “Et tu Brutus?”

On his way back from a long campaign in hopes of orchestrating the assassination and taking the throne in Rome, a General known by the name of “Leonius Urelius” (The Praetorian Excellency), along with an entire Roman Legion (60,000 strong) of his finest soldiers, his two sons Marcus and Tiberius, his concubines and hundreds of slaves - disappeared!

History books will show a small gap in this timeline and the inhabitants therein, until now.

During this period of time, monotheistic religions were quickly taking foothold throughout the known world and the Gods of Rome were loosing control over their worshipers. There seemed to be little they could do to inspire belief in the masses again. At the advice of Mars (the God of War) who pushed for a more “exciting” and “profitable” way of life somewhere else, Jupiter announced that they were leaving the Earth for greener pastures and more conquests. He continued, stating that they would no longer sit idly on their thrones and be worshiped passively. They would conquer and become worshipped across the universe for all eternity.

However, the Gods would not go alone on this new journey. The Gods had taken a special interest in Leonius as he was the one Roman General who had always prayed to the Gods for help during his campaigns. The Gods took him and his legion to become the elite guard to the Gods. The Gods bestowed the divine right upon this army, transforming the legion into near-immortal beings to leave a path of destruction across multiple galaxies.

Centuries passed and it became obvious to Leonius that his beloved gods were not gods at all. He found that they were actually an alien race that had made their home on Earth during the Etruscan Dynasty and positioned themselves as divine deities. The improved life that the gods had given to the Praetorian Guard was based in nano-technology, not divinity. Leonius knew he must overthrow his abductors, but must wait until the right time – and wait he did. Battle after battle, century after century, the Praetorian Guard grew in number from each battle and conquest. After two millennia, General Leonius’s made his move against his abductors. And thus with this revolt, the Praetorian Excellency was born!

The Praetorian Excellency and his two sons (Marcus and Tiberius) attacked and killed all the “Gods”, except one. The all-powerful Jupiter put up a glorious fight, and managed to escape – infuriating the Excellency to no end! The Excellency set forth on a campaign to conquer the universe and make his way back to the ancient home he once knew – a distant world called Earth. He vowed to find and kill the last alien God and take his rightful place as “Ruler of the Universe” in his once beloved city of Rome. Anyone who stood in their way would be eliminated.

At the same time, thousands of light years away on Earth, a scientist makes a very unique discovery deep within in the ancient Roman ruins of Palestine Hill. He unearths a small gold embroidered bag with writings in a strange dialect that he has never seen before. Inside the bag, he discovers something even more astounding – a small bone fragment that seemed to glow with a peculiar green hue. His initial findings perplex and worry him, so he takes the bag and its contents back for further investigation. His later analysis verifies his concern – the bone was from something that appeared to be very similar to human DNA, but having evolved far beyond 25th Century humans. After analyzing and deciphering the writings, he was in awe and fearful of what he had uncovered! While he could not make out much of the archaic text, he realized that this artifact was somehow directly linked to one of the Roman Gods.

Before announcing it to the Alliance and Omega-1 (the covert organization in which he actually worked), this scientist took his discovery and hid it to the best of his abilities. He knew the significance and magnitude of what he found. Recent Intel had reported of the Praetorian increasing conquests and he believed that his findings were possibly the only way to combat the danger that was slowly and methodically making its way back towards Earth.

Extracting DNA samples, the scientist created a “genetic map” for a new and improved human that would be physically and mentally capable of combating this new and seemingly unbeatable enemy. Fearing any outside source may leak the secret back to Omega 1, he convinced his wife to become pregnant with the genetic modifications to her unborn child.

Nine months later a very unique baby boy was born to them. They named him Brin’AR. The only abnormality they could see, were his eyes. They were florescent green. He seemed to have the capability to see all spectrums of light. This ability was overwhelming for the child and it took time for him to focus on a single object. The father fashioned a pair of dark glasses with sensors that would help him focus, and utilize his abilities more efficiently.

The scientist then revealed his accomplishment to one of his colleagues within the Omega-1 organization, a man named Munroe. While Munroe immediately recognized Brin’AR’s significance, he agreed to keep the secret from the Omega-1 organization for the time-being.

Six years after the child was born, the secret had leaked back to the upper echelon of Omega-1. The scientist was called to the Omega-1 headquarters and ordered to present the boy for “training” and duty within the covert organization. When the scientist refused, the boy was forcefully taken from his home. In the attempt to take the boy, his mother tried to fight off the kidnappers but was killed. The boy was taken to a secret facility where he was groomed toward the organization’s goals. The once boy, was now a young man and has become the best assassin the Omega-1 organization has. His father manages to escape from the Omega-1 organization and disappears into the masses leaving Earth for new colonies.

Nearly 20 years after the boy’s abduction, Munroe becomes the father of a very unique girl! She is named Cayla and is what is known as a “true mimic” - a virtual human chameleon! Rather than suffer the fate of his friend, he gladly gives over his daughter to Omega-1 to train and study. He continues to work for the organization as one of the leading recombinant DNA geneticists and has a watchful eye on his daughter’s progress.

Another 20 years pass and Cayla begins to become more defiant with the only life she has ever known. She tries in vain a few times to escape from the organization’s reach, so she continues to study and work for the covert organization against her will. That is until a man with green eyes rescues her and they break away from from the Omega-1 organization in an explosive escape. They flee and are recruited into the ranks of the Galactic Alliance – Cayla becomes a doctor in genetics and cybernetic technology, while Brin’AR disappears for a few years working for Admiral Stone in Special Ops.

As the Praetorian threat increases, so does the concern of the Galactic Alliance. Diplomacy has been tried to mediate the desires of the Praetorian Senate, but to no avail. There seems to be little that can detour their impending approach. With the guidance of Admiral Prescott, Captain Brin’AR works together with a handful of specially picked officers and crew to pilot a new Star Ship, the USS King Cobra. Their mission: to defend the Galactic Alliance and the known universe against the expanding threat of Praetorian domination.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

thats a joke site isnt it. isnt it? ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

tbh it probbley is because i first saw it about a year or so ago and very little if anything has changed.

but i do think we need another space sci-fi show the last amazing one was of coarse firefly and the only current running one is BSG which is also amazing but i think another new show is well overdue

Ha the website has been updated with a flash intro, it will be out 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭childoforpheus

Sounds like a really good show, I can't wait to see it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

All looks fake to me.

It's just some sort of fan-fiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Virginia Hey mentioned being in negotiations for a part on her blog a few months back:

http://www.virginiahey.com/archives/2007/04/im_going_back_i.php#more

i just had a quick google, no updates that i can see, still "2008"

Advertisement