Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to get permission from establishments to put them on my website?

Options
  • 05-01-2007 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Currently designing a website based on accessible pubs, restaurants and accommodation within ireland. Do I need/have to get permission from any places that I put on the site to use pictures of the places and to link to their websites? Any guidelines would be much appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

well it would be a good idea to let them know anyway so they can link to you which would improve your google ranking. Just send a generic email to them, most places are happy to exchange links.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I dont think you can take their own pictures (like, from their sites), but there's nothing to stop you taking photos of a place, giving contact info, etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As ball_ox has said, I would inform them. Presumably your site would be mentioning them in a positive (i.e. they 'are' accessible) light so it would be a plus for them to be on your site.

It's also just a courtesy, which sadly is not so common in the world of the Interweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rorobobo

Super - I'll email them and hopefully they'll back to me. I was thinking it was best to inform them but just wanted to get a second opinion.

All the content about the places would be positive. I'm only going to be listing accessible places for wheelchair users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Good PR for them in that case. I'm sure they'd be delighted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement