Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda civic, window seals

Options
  • 05-01-2007 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi , im currently driving a honda civic 98, 5 dr hatchback.
    i am currently having problems with the electric windows sticking to the window seals.
    I believe this is a common problem with civic,s . This is causing the windows to actually come out of the frame's. Iv tried greasing but this does not seem to work . Should i replace seals, are they expensive?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

I used to have the same problem in my last car, 97 civic srs, its caused by the regulators/window motors in the doors that are old and not working the way they should, you can get them replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

bring it to a backalley garage, tell 'em to have a look, its probably the window has come out of the rubber moulding, all it needs to be taken out and re-aligned, you wouldnt see change out of 20€

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

No no! This is an (almost) $0 fix!

It's in the service manual that the garages have that the rubber in the weather seals (as they're known) must be treated with a silicone lubricant/sealant once a year. Otherwise the surfaces of the window will "grip" the rubber and distort/kink it as it moves up and down.

So... buy a can of "Back to Black" or similar and spray it *into* the weather seals so it runs down inside the seals and into the doors. Spray it from top to bottom where you can. Be generous!

If (as happens) the seals have kinked you will need to take off the door cards and pull the seals down to straighten them out again. If they have severly kinked you may need new ones (about 25 euro each).

Trust me, you won't need new motors/regulators etc.

Reminds me... my own are due for treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/966742

check out the above link for some more advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DeclanF

Thanks lads for all the info

• Advertisement
Advertisement