Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter training with Irish Baseball

• 05-01-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

WINTER TRAINING SESSIONS - 2007

Winter Training Sessions will be taking place at the Morton Stadium indoor facility in Santry every Saturday afternoon from February 3 to March 24, 2007. The cost for all sessions is €60 for Adults or €8/session and €40 or €5/session if 18 years or under.

DATE TIME
    FEBRUARY 3 14:30 - 17:00
    FEBRUARY 10 14:30 - 17:00
    FEBRUARY 17 14:30 - 17:00
    FEBRUARY 24 14:30 - 17:00
    MARCH 3 14:30 - 17:00
    MARCH 10 14:30 - 17:00
    MARCH 17 14:30 - 17:00
    MARCH 24 14:30 - 17:00

Pitching machines, soft toss machines, nets and Incredi-balls will be provided. Training will cover all skills of throwing, hitting, ground balls, pitching/catching, etc. One-on-one coaching will be available.

John Dillon will be managing the Santry sessions. Cheques can be sent to John at: 44 Brian Road, Marino, Dublin 3. (Please also send him complete contact details and your date of birth.)

You can also contact John directly for additional information by mobile: 087 296 3111

These are extremely beneficial sessions for tuning your skills and helping to prevent injury in the new season and I would strongly encourage everyone to participate. Attendance at these sessions will be recorded and may be used to guide selection decisions for National Teams.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Pitching machines, soft toss machines, nets and Incredi-balls

Sounds great. I was just wondering are these machines available to use around or between these dates just for fun?. Im not sure im looking for the lessons described, i would just like to bat some pitches etc first, is this possible?, pay to play sort of thing?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I'm not sure if you've used pitching machines before, but they aren't a whole lot of 'fun', until you get used to them! I still dont like them. Can't gauge when they're gonna fire at all like you can with a real arm so always end up late and grounding the balls to the right.
    I cant imagine the guys are gonna set all the stuff up just for you to have a few swings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

zuutroy wrote:
    I'm not sure if you've used pitching machines before, but they aren't a whole lot of 'fun', until you get used to them! I still dont like them. Can't gauge when they're gonna fire at all like you can with a real arm so always end up late and grounding the balls to the right.
    I cant imagine the guys are gonna set all the stuff up just for you to have a few swings.

Ah fair enough i didnt realise. I never did use these machines but seen americans on tv use them and it looks as fun as playing bowling so just chanced asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ah fair enough i didnt realise. I never did use these machines but seen americans on tv use them and it looks as fun as playing bowling so just chanced asking.

Actually maybe its not so bad if you turn it down to 40-50mph. I've only used them at 70+ where ideally you've started your swing by the time its comin at ya.

Advertisement